PDA

AF16

The PDA functions are better than the PDA functions I used on the Palm III.

It's not perfect, though. I don't think the phone is as good of a quality as my Siemens or Nokia. And I've scratched the screen where I do a lot of writing. I'll probably need the plastic layer replaced.

But I agree, it's a much much better than my previous configuration (phone plus PDA).

Says BaronTT:

Quote: AF16 should consider the P800 as there's nothing on the market now with the same features. Yet. I would expect other companies to come out with the same capabilities later.

Spotted the new Palm Tungsten W in a shop in the basement of Central Lad Phrao.... Seems like much better value than the P800. A fully functioning PDA with built in Phone and priced at 27,000 Thai Baht (looks nice too)

Check it out.

http://www.palm.com/products/handhelds/tungsten-w/

" recently bought an iPaq and an ericsson t68 mobile (work perfectly together using Bluetooth)"

I am considering the same phone to go with my Palm

Tungsten that also has bluetooth.

I want to clarify something. If I use the email and browser program on the pda, then the phone can stay in my pocket, switch itself on automatically and transmit data when I use the palm browser and email progam?

yes - using bluetooth(BT) connection you can do exactly that as opposed to cable or infrared. BT is radio transmission just like GSM, but on a much smaller scale/range obviously ;)

so if you're using GPRS(always on packet switched connection similar to cable/dsl) you're all set :rolleyes:

Well not too sure there's nothing like P800 on the market even it does look a bit nice ::

Nokia has the communicators for starters & it have always had office program support, outlook sync, java, but no gprs - yet!

Nokia might just have the perfect Thai/email/full keypad/ solution with the 6800 . thai full keypad, email, java, gprs, mms the works & definately way cheaper than the pda/phone combination :doah:

obviously for the people with plenty of cash no beating that combination - well perhaps the ultraslim laptop/network card solution :grinyes:

Says khunsanuk:

Bought a new mobile last weekend and it (Sony Ericsson T68) can send/receive email as well. Have not yet tried it, but I have been told the price for emailing is not high.

The phone was 11,800 Bath btw (all in)

KS,

If you got the SE t68m(grey or gold faceplate) you might've got ripped off with that price. The t68i(blue or gray faceplate w/ a rectangle earhole) are going for 9900 baht at MBK.

IMHO, it's pointless to buy any sony ericsson mobile in Thailand from jaymart or the likes. There are no SE service centers here so you can't upgrade the firmware on the phone or even fix it.

On the price for emailing... You would use the GPRS feature of the phone, you pay for the amount of data you send/receive and not the time(if you are an AIS subscriber, 1-2-Call wont work). This is cool but try to keep you email inbox fairly empty cuz it'll download all the headers and it can add up to alot of bytes transferred.

Says ib13:

Well not too sure there's nothing like P800 on the market even it does look a bit nice ::

Nokia has the communicators for starters & it have always had office program support, outlook sync, java, but no gprs - yet!

Nokia might just have the perfect Thai/email/full keypad/ solution with the
. thai full keypad, email, java, gprs, mms the works & definately way cheaper than the pda/phone combination
:doah:

obviously for the people with plenty of cash no beating that combination - well perhaps the ultraslim laptop/network card solution
:grinyes:

Some CONS about that nokia 6800:

-no bluetooth (IRDA sux a$$, you'll have to buy a data cable and carry that around with your laptop or whatever)

-dual band (not a world phone for the intrepid travelers we all are!)

Those two features are extremely important. If that phone had those features, I'd trade my t68i in immediately... that is until the sony ericsson T610 comes out! :bow:

valid points whoremonger brother, except that I doubt the TG who the original poster requested the phone for, would care about those 2 features at all.

also I've always preferred to use IR for data connectivity without a problem as most laptops don't come with BT yet!

Bluetooth is still a very premium thing, while IR can do what you need without the 'surcharge' :hubba:

• 2 months later...

After months of anticipation, I now have a P800 on loan, until the P810 comes out. Magnificent machine, I can't praise it too much (except for the crap camera), I hope the P810 is is better in the camera dept.

It's got heaps of s'ware on the net for reasonable prices like $16 US.

I've even got a database (with SQL queries) on it.

Archived