7 1/2 hours at Taipei airport

sanukdee

I'm flying from Anchorage to Bangkok next week on China Airlines. When I bought the ticket there was a four hour stop in Taipei. China Air just cancelled my connecting flight and schedule me for the next (only?) flight to Bangkok which now makes it a 7 1/2 hours layover. I'm not very happy about this but it is too late to change plans/airlines.

I called China Airlines and asked them if they would be providing a hotel room for this too long a stop over. The reply was "No we don't do that". :cussing: So what is there to do? :banghead: Is there a hotel to stay at? Or at least day rooms or showers?

I've only been through Taipei once before about 8 years ago for a 1 1/2 hour layover and didn't see much in the way of Airport facilities.

Avoid Taipei would be the best thing but if you have a non refundable ticket can understand your problem. As I recall there were signs to a terminal hotel at departure level in the new wing used by EVA but not sure if the rooms were connected to the terminal or a ride away. At any rate, would check the new wing as it is much better than the old barn on the other side.

There are showers in the transit lounge. Usually plenty of room to lay down. I have laid over 6 times so far, 5 hrs each time. No problem. Take crosswords. They have plug-in areas for laptops. Take your own food. The most expensive dishes, snacks and drinks I have EVER seen. Something like $3 for a can of coke.

Zane

Archived