Can you be rejected for to many Tourist Visa?

tomx2

Hi.

I am an American 48 years old.

I plan to move to Thailand (retired) by the end of this year.

I have no plans to seek employment.

My goal is to apply for a 30 day Tourist Visa doing a monthly visa run,

until I am 50 and then apply for a retirement visa.

I have no plans to return to the US, unless an emergency occurs.

I read on another board, an individual was rejected a Tourist visa in Singapore.

He believe this was because of too many visa stamps in his passport.

Does this happen often?

Any other options for me except returning to the US to apply for a visa?

Thanks.

TC.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Divide your time between Thailand and other countries in the area. What seems to cause concern is the suspicion you are working when you obtain continuous tourist visas without any break between them. If you explain the reason, too young for retirement visa, they might relent and issue you a new visa even when they at first say no. But I suspect they might be more inclined to do this if you apply for a real tourist visa of 60 days extendable for 30 rather than just making the border run for a new entry stamp every 30 days.

tomx2,

I lived in Bangkok for 2 years on 30 day tourist visas. I think I made around 30 trips to Cambodia, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam. You don't actually apply for the 30 day visa, you are simply issued one on arrival at the airport. If you can afford the travel, I'd say to go for it. There are lots of great destinations that are 1-3 hour flights from Bangkok.

Ranger

I have more than 30 entries to los in my passport and never had a problem. About two years ago, I was worried about some limits of entries. I made a call to the embassy and they assured me, there is no limit at all. Times may change, but I can't remember reading about a limit too.

When thinking about staying in los, having much of my belongings with some money there and being denied of further entries wouldn't be a nice imagination though.

30 day visas you don't need to apply for for, you get them automatically on arrival at the border, never heard of anyone refused.

60 day visas you have to apply for, places like singapore and hong kong and kohta baru were always famous for refusing people who had more than 3 stamps already. penang was always the safe place.

but recently i have heard that this has changed as well. i know some people who were refused tourist visas there.

The 30 day entry stamps aren't visas. What we get at the border is permission to remain in the country for up to 30 days without a visa.

Hi Tomx2,

the 30 day visa can even be extended for 2 weeks I think it is, 2 passport size photos and 500Baht.

60 days visas have to be obtained outside of Thailand, but can also be renewned at any immigration office inside Thailand for another month plus the 2 pix and 500Baht.

I'm not on my own computer right now, but I'll post a link about available Thai visa lateron.

Surly you can afford a real tourist visa.? The 30 day entry is not intended to be extended. That they have been doing it does not mean they will next week; or for me when I want it. There is also the airline to think about - they may not board you without a return within 30 days (it is a requirement) so why take the chance.

Archived