Can you be rejected for to many Tourist Visa?

tomx2

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ALL--

I'd agree with previous postings that the only rational reason that one would be denied a Tourist visa by a overseas Thai Diplomatic post is if your travel pattern leaves the Consulate/Embassy with the impression that you are working in the Kingdom or otherwise violating Thai Immigration laws... I'd reccommend that you document all of your travels, this will put you in a better position to "justify" your request for so many tourist visas, or pursue a visa of the appropriate type for your circumstance.

--UPSer

I was in the States for two months & returned to Thailand on a double entry, tourist visa, which I obtained from the Thai Consulate in N.Y. When I called, the lady was extremely friendly and helpful ... I should have asked for a triple entry! ... but, I got a double, which took me up to mid March, with only one run to Poipet after the initial 60 days. In Singapore I was granted a single entry, tourist visa, thus consecutive, tourist visas. The gal who waited on me was friendly and also helpful. So, apparantly, the status with respect to tourist visas at neighboring Thai Embassies/Consulates in SE Asia, is that only single entry, 'consequtive' tourist visas will be issued.

Now, in mid June, I should get the non-immigrant visa, which is good for ninety days, and can be extended in LOS at Immigration. Looks like Phnom Penh for me.

Now, with SARS, only Laos and Cambodia are unaffected, and remain as visa destinations in SE Asia (? Brunei) ... to date.

... best bet is to start off from the States with as many entries as you can get. Chok dee.

In Singapore I was granted a single entry, tourist visa, thus consecutive, tourist visas.

[color:"blue"]

Talking on a guy in my condo today ... he's been in LOS for about three years. On his last visa run to Singapore, he was refused tourist visa for having too many in his passport already.

[/color]

• 2 weeks later...

right. the 30 day thing isn't a visa, that's an entry stamp. a visa allows you to enter the country for a specified period for one, several or multiple trips. penang folks aren't usually as up tight as the singapori. never been there and likely never will as their women have attitudes as well as the bureaucrats.

Archived