Will my daughter enjoy Pattaya?

Lusty

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man! I realize pattaya is not all P4P Sanuk, but don't you think your daughter will witness some of the recreational activities of her elders, which in turn will leave her with many questions? As a tourist being there for a short period of time, you may be able to keep her from the scene. Heck, I'd move there now with my Kid (daughter), but being at an impressionable age of 15 (teenager) I would think parenting would be hell! No judgement, just some thoughts. It's a great question, who out there has teenage kids perdominatley raised in the West now growing up in Thailand.

Rusty,

I'm sure there are plenty of things to do in Pattaya that your daughter would find interesting and fun. But, I don't see how you can avoid inadvertantly showing her the sex tourist aspect of the city. I always shake my head and wonder what the hell the parents are thinking when I see families with young children on Walking Street at night, but maybe that's my repressed American upbringing.

Ranger

Dad is a slut LOL :grinyes:

Take her to Pattaya Hill Road to see the Big Buddha Image and while up that way go to the Pattaya Meterological Station .

Just past the Siam Resort at end of Pattaya Beach road and near the radio station as well.

Then Beach,markets,lunch,shopping,shopping beach again.

She will be so tired by 6pm she will hit the sack and you can hit the streets ::

Why not go to Samui or Phuket?

Bit easier to shelter her from the scene and daddy can always go on long runs along the beach for a few hours in the arvo and night ::

rusty,

now come on. pattaya, your young daughter. i could think of a hundred other places in thailand in which you and her could really enjoy and discover. places, people, culture, architecture, art and food. a place which she will always cherish for the rest of her life...........my recommendation; don't take her to pattaya, she doesn't need to see the 'arm pit' of thailand........chok dee krap........

I think you could get away with taking your daughter to JOMTIEN for 3 or 4 days. Central Pattaya wouldnt be so good though.

Saying that a young person will be looking at what is going on through young persons eyes. All she would see are beer bars with farang patrons and Thai girl members of staff.....

It wouldnt be that obvious what is going on, she may not even click.

Some of the talk at bar beers, is of a bawdy nature, but merely walking past them wouldnt do any harm to a teenager IMHO.

Places like King kong, Pump Station should be avoided though.

STH :o

Would, on balance reccomend against it. If you get the choice, go to Phuket. There are great day excursions (often water based) from there. Good (safe) snorkling, trips to the islands around. All in all *much* more geared up to "family" style. have spent a fair bit of "family" time in Phuket, and it has always been a great sucess. Even the nigthlife is not quite so "in your face". Pattaya is much harder edged, and really does not seem so family orientated.

-j-

I would not suggest Pattaya nor take my daughter there, :banghead: with so many bars & tourists who come for the fun. Where ever you go in Pattay you are bound to come across the bars. When my daughter (12yrs) came last year, I took her to Phuket and then to North. Phuket is better bet and if you are planning to show her around she would enjoy more traveling in North / Isaan. Places like Udon, Nong Khai. This really give her idea about the life, culture and country side. She enjoyed traveling in Isaan and Loa.

cheers ::

vinod

Archived