Will my daughter enjoy Pattaya?

Lusty

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway will my kid enjoy Pattaya?Thanx

--------------------------------------------------

I'd say with some others, why not take her somewhere else? This said, there are plenty of stuff to do outside of the nightlife. Just pop in the TAT office, ask for anything about daytime activities all the way from Si Racha to Sattahip, spice it up with an evening at Tiffany's or Alcazar, and the time will go fast (at least for her :p).

Pattaya should be an excellent place to take your daughter. The last time I was there it seemed there were many father/daughter combinations walking around. They sure didn't look alike though.

Thanx for the feedback everyone.I intend to stay with just one lady who my daughter knows about for the entire trip and won't be staying in the thick of it so to speak.I very much doubt wether the whole vacation will be spent in Pattaya though and will keep away from Pattayaland 1,2+3 and Soi Yodsak(except when dad has to nip out for an hour to change some money :hubba:).

I've thought about taking her up north but I think she will struggle with the food though as I certainly did a couple of weeks ago.If we go down to Samui/Phangyan it will have to be the gruelling bus trip to Don Sak as three return airfares will be a drastic drain on my resourses.

Rusty,

I am not sure if you are going for a week or 2 but here is a possible itinery that may have something for everyone

days 1-3 Jomtien: should be enough to see the sights and i am sure there must be some there, while still giving you time to slip out for a "look around"

Day 4-7 Ko Samet: A short ride by bus from Pattaya to Ban Pee (2 hours or so) then the speed boat to one of the resorts (i can give you some names of some of the nicer ones) 3 days is enough before boredom sets in for a teenager.

Day 8-9 Jomtien again

Day 9-12 back to bangers and a look at a Wat or 3 then a big days shopping at markets and another at department store.

Additonal sugestions: For everyone (not only kids) the fun of going to new countries is making friends especially if they are of a siimilar age. Why not get your thai GF to set up a young lady (paid nicely) to show her the sights around jomtien. I am sure it would be more fun for her than hanging around dad and it would give you some room to move. Just arm daughter with your mobile so that you can keep tabs on her movements.

As for BKK I am sure that our trusted mamasan at cathouse could set her up with a trusty "girl scout" to show daughter the sights of BKK. And i am sure one of the girls would be only too happy to have her Barfine paid for a day with some spending Baht to act as tour guide to the shopping dlights that BKK has to offer a young lady from England.

A least that way daughter can interact with the locals and have an experience that she would always remember and not come home with the impression that Thailand is nothing but prostitutes and grubby old men (one of which may well be you) ::

Just my take

N400

Rusty - there are several good 1/2 day field trips worth taking her to. Most of them are tourist spots for farang and Thai, but still good. Very few punters, but you might see me there with a lady friend or two. All ladies love to watch the tigers and alligators.

Sriracha Tiger Zoo

Mini Siam

Botanical gardens

Or, how about a Thai cooking class. She'll need a job when she is 15 and marries that Thai boy she meets in Pattaya. Just kidding, but you better not let her out on her own.

No Rusty! Don't do it! I'm starting to realize that Pattaya is a force of habit for you but don't take your daughter there. Why go there, unless you want to hear a lot of potential comments and questions from her. Do you really want to waste quality time with your daughter having to give long winded explanations?

I agree with someone else's post about taking her to Koh Samui. A MUCH better place to take family members and really enjoy the beach life. BGs and FLs seem to mix better into the environment there- not so obvious for young inquiring minds. In fact, if you must go near Pattaya, planes fly to Koh Samui from Pattaya airport.

For you, there's always Lamai Beach which feels like a mini-Pattaya at the end of the main road.

Archived