Emporium Suites

Do u need to walk in front of a reception before u reach the rooms or is it very discrete.

ROFL! :clown:

I wonder what kind of looks the "respectable" staff would have when a punter brings along with them a neon orange haired issarn whore!

*sigh*

I guess ignorance is truly bliss...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God, all you guys talking about $100 for a room for the night being good value, it just astonishes me how u can spend so much money on a hotel room.

Not a flame just an observation, I wish I could afford to spend that much........there are obviously a lot of very rich guys on this board. As a poor student I could never spend that much money on a hotel room.

Just MHO. :)

Uniformguy

>I wonder what kind of looks the "respectable" staff would have when a punter brings along with them a neon orange haired issarn whore!

She is not a whore here. They know what she does. She would pass by unwounded, it's you who's falling down.

What disaster made you walk in with a "neon orange haired issarn whore".

Says think_too_mut:

She is not a whore here. They know what she does. She would pass by unwounded, it's you who's falling down.

Umm... I kinda lost you there. I'm a bit confused what you were inferring. Are you saying that the staff "knows" that she's a whore but treats her otherwise? If yes, I would agree with you. It'd probably be more of the guests at Emporium Suites that'd give "the look". In the 5 star or upscale hotels in BKK, the hotel staff are educated and trained extremely well.

An example? I was having a nice JW Marriot buffet one evening when this mid 50s farang came in with an 18 y/o "neon blonde issarn BG" with the frankenstein shoes to dine there. All the Thai clientele took a glance and you knew the story. Anyways, the staff treated the Farang AND BG both like honored guests, and not in a sarcastic manner neither. Now that's real service.

it's you who's falling down.

Err, how so? I never said that I did such or what not.

all you guys talking about $100 for a room for the night being good value...

Because there are many hotels in town that cost triple that price and give you much less. Some called presidential suites costing even more outrageous amounts of money wouldn't touch this place. For those who want bang for the buck, serviced apartments often score very well.

As far as the Emporium suites, I'm not all THAT impressed with it, probably because they constantly claim they are the best. I wouldn't use the term "top class fittings" as most things are kind of dinky and cheapo. Top class fittings to me would be plasma TV with surround sound from japan, huge maytag neptune washer and dryer from the usa, mauvial cookware from france, real nautilus fitness machines and free weights, gigabit ethernet, and so on. I can see why some would like Emporium suites the most, but places like Park Suan Plu or Centre Point by the river appeal to me more.

For a short term visit, 3k/night might be bearable, but I was looking it from a residence pov. 60k baht/80sq.m per month... and plus utilities, calls, etc... That I cannot afford yet...

<sigh>

I guess I can only beat off to the website pics of the place for now...

IMHO, the only real selling point of Emporium Suites is umm... Emporium itself. Also the "prestige" that goes along with staying there. Yeah, the amenities are arguable to being the best. But when people know that you're spending that much dough for said prestige... TIT, they'll melt like butter or latch on like leeches.

Says Rasputin:

For a short term visit, 3k/night might be bearable, but I was looking it from a residence pov. 60k baht/80sq.m per month... and plus utilities, calls, etc... That I cannot afford yet...

If you look around, very big apartments (> 200 sqm) can be had from around THB 25K. The part "serviced" is the very expensive one and if managed by your own (i.e. hire a local maid), a lot of money can be saved. The utilities for such big apartments (especially the air-con) might kill you though.

Archived