Advice - Patience or Pursuit

TokBet

First for the situation... met a stunning Thai head-turner. Literally. Both of us live in Bangkok but we met outside of Bangkok. She is a normal Thai woman, not a BG or other type of hooker. She's actually a professional. We hit it off very well. We spent one evening together, she initiated hand-holding, stroking, couldn't keep her hands to herself. She initiated first kiss. (She was not drunk while this is going on.)Evening had to end without taking things further. She knows that I'm crazy for her. We exchanged phone numbers, with the understanding that she'd call me when we're both back in Bangkok and we'd have lunch together on that same day.

After I return, I receive an SMS saying that she can't meet for lunch because she has a meeting she must attend. But she'll call me. She didn't. It's only one day but it's driving me crazy. After all, it only takes a minute to call or SMS.

Now the question... should I follow up by calling her or should I be patient and wait for her to contact me? Normally, I would just wait, but in this case, I don't know if she's playing a game. I know that Thai girls usualy like to be pampered and like to be treated like princesses, so this might be a test to see how much I will do to get her. On the other hand, wild pursuit instead of patience could make it look like I'm desparate. I might lose stature in her eyes. And then she'd lose interest.

Back to the question...

1. Wait for her to contact me (and for how long before I call her)

2. Call once, SMS, etc?

3. Dogged pursuit. SMS and call often

4. Other

As I mentioned earlier, I'm really crazy for her. More than anyone else in my lifetime.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good! I would wait one more day and then send her a SMS-If she doesn't call or contact you... then the NEXT day

call her when you think she will be free to talk... ( I used to call my GF same situation and she would be working-ot able to talk I got er excited- Duh))

Don't be too agressive but as my Dad taught me "let her know you like her"

Thai girls LOVE to be pursued and now she is on her own turf and might act a bit differently.

Worry not- she did contact you after your initiall meeting-a pretty good sign unless its a face saving measure and time will tell - so enjoy and go slowly with these types of girls.

Definitely NOT choice 3.

Follow up within 24 hours of her expected call (that never came). Try first to reach her by voice- tell her that you accidently erased an SMS/were busy/out of touch/out of your mind/whatever and MAY have missed her call, you just wanted to check in with her. Do NOT make whether she called or not (you know she didn't) be an issue.

If you get her voice mail, leave the same message.

If you must SMS, make it short, but with the same basic idea, that maybe YOU did something to miss her call.

If she doesn't respond to voice or SMS and she's reeeaally special, maybe try again in 1 week. Else, let it go.

If you get her live on the phone, gauge her reaction and go from there.

As you say, she's a professional, maybe she just got busy! :)

Good luck.

Hi

I choose 2,you better to call her. Maybe she wants to make sure that you really like or want to contact her. And some thai woman doesn't want to call man first (me too). So drop her a line !!!

JAA JA ::

I took what seemed to be the consensus route, which is what I thought I should do anyway. And that is call her.

I caught her while she was driving to work. While she seemed happy to hear from me, she said she couldn't meet for about 2 weeks because of her work. Her quota period ends in about 2 weeks. I know that she has to work long and crazy hours, as she works on a commission and is just starting a new job.

We talked for about 10 minutes, and she said she wanted to get off the phone so she could concentrate on driving. She mentioned that I could send her an SMS if I wanted to continue the conversation. But not call her, she'll call me if she has the time.

I'm now making up a scenario in my mind that all is well and take what she said at face value. After all, she seemed crazy about me that evening we were together. Things as I mentioned in my initial post. And even before our 'date', she was touching my hands and arms in public earlier in the day when we happened to meet in a group. Things that seem so 'un Thai'. Touching, caressing in public (in fornt of other Thais) and also making the first moves. Grabbing my arm, holding hands, first kiss, etc etc. She must have had strong feelings to do that in front of other Thais, right?

I'm not normally the insecure type but she really did something to me. So I have so many doubts. Why can't I just talk with her some more???? But then I think that she's smart and is trying to concentrate on doing well in her new job.

I am rambling...... but that's the state of my mind.

I appreciate the advice from everyone, particularly the 2 fine ladies.

Cheers.

TokBet,

Something similar seems to happen with all BKK ladies.......

Get them outside of BKK and they open up like a nice flower, once back in their hometurf, no touching, kissing, calling except on their time.....

Happened to me in the beginning with my GF as well :)

Lots of patience wished for ya !

Cheers !

You had....let's say a quick start...

she was touching my hands and arms in public earlier in the day when we happened to meet in a group. Things that seem so 'un Thai'. Touching, caressing in public (in fornt of other Thais) and also making the first moves. Grabbing my arm, holding hands, first kiss, etc etc. She must have had strong feelings to do that in front of other Thais, right?

Ok, now you called her and she tells you that she'll call YOU when / if she has time.

No matter how busy a person is, there's always time for a quick phonecall, especially for a person who shared a great evening with you and seemed to be (at least willing to be) more than a friend.

She seems a bit distant to me (according to your post). Do you have any idea what could have been the cause..something you two did or discussed about prior to her return to BKK?

Did you mention the M-word? ::

Goodluck TokBet.

TokBet,

do you know where she lives? Or where she works? If yes, then send her some flowers (you don't have to write anything).

Good luck!

Archived