The BEST dance contest in the world ever !!!!!!!!!

ultras67

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoroughly enjoyed my 2nd dance contest!!!! ::

But pppplleeeze...!! A larger venue next time.

The pink panther apears to be a nice venue, I certainly met some lovely dek serves sitting at the

bar. But even the Cascade venue was packed to overflowing and I'm not sure that Pink-Panther is even a 3rd it's size.

Hi,

What you have to remember is that these events are somewhat a commercial venture in that they have to cover costs.

Therefore the DC takes place at a venue where the bar is willing to cover certain (not all) costs. If this was not the case we would have to ask each and every person to pay an entrance fee - I sure that wouldn't be popular!

Each DC costs approximately 50k to put on - and in the past when we have asked for contributions from the audience we either get down right refusals or a begrudging 20 baht in the kitty :banghead: In light of this, I am sure everybody will agree that for these to continue, the events will take place in bars that are willing to pay for the privilidge.

Cheers

farangman

Says farangman:

Hi,

Each DC costs approximately 50k to put on - and in the past when we have asked for contributions from the audience we either get down right refusals or a begrudging 20 baht in the kitty
:banghead:

Cheers

farangman

That is a shame.

As a strong suporter of Blues music I learned how important it is for the comunity to show suport for what they believe in. It's that simple.

At cascade I was happy to throw in 500, I felt it was easily worth the entetainment recieved. Unfortunately at the Panther the only thing smaller than a pahn I had was B50. Never mind I will make it up next show.

Honestly though with the popularity of these contests, and all the talk it produces I would think that sooner or later a B200 entrance fee makes a statement to the quality of the event. And for those who find B200 insulting lol lol lol, maybe having a free evening would give them a chance to get down to Kao Sarn Rd to buy some fish pants.

know what you mean about the dek serves so I went back last night, but man was it quiet & no trace of the dc girls or cute ds's! still a few very sexy dancers so I took one & it was ok. bf only 450 & ld 80bt so certainly far from a ripoff ;)

cheers!

It is a shame that the general policy of this board is to insult people who do not like to throw their money around - for whatever reason they choose.

The last time I went to a dance contest, I seem to recall that the bar had already raised the price of a beer - and for that you got a semi warm one from a box without a glass.

Go ahead and charge entrance, see if it works. Then you can keep the noxious riff raff out that you dislike so much.

It is a shame that the general policy of this board is to insult people who do not like to throw their money around - for whatever reason they choose.

[color:"blue"]

How the heck do you come to this conclusion based on what is stated on this thread ::

Ain't nothing free in this world ...

[/color]

A couple of the DCs did have an admission charge. But problems came when the Thai doormen after say half an hour started letting in everyone. You can understand the bar's policy -- more cutomers mean more drinks sold. But it was hardly fair to the folks who had paid up front.

Archived