The BEST dance contest in the world ever !!!!!!!!!

ultras67

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big Kev, ib13,

It was great meeting you guys, incase you don't remember I was the last one sitting on the right at S of L ::

This was my first DC & must say I was very impressed from start to finish. Other then difficult to get a drink & kinda hot in the club, this was the best show/contest I've ever attended. looking foward to the next one !! :beer:

ps, ib13, you lucky bastard !! LOL !!

I agree on the getting a drink problem. The fault lies with the bars. You'd think with all the people who come in because of the DC, they'd have enough sense to hire a few more serving girls for the night. The bars make a bundle when they host a DC, which is why they like to have them on Sunday nights -- their normally slow night. But plan ahead? Duh ...

:dunno:

Judging by the crowd of the dance contests, they seem fairly well heeled. B200 for this crowd would not put a dent in their beer consumption.

In support of an event that I appreciate I think it should be pushed up market, apeal to those who

wouldn't blink over the price.

Theres a Blue's club here in BKK that is packed every night, standing room only. I love Blues music and for any bar that hosts Blues/Jazz music I like to see them do well, so that being the home for the music comunity is a positive rewarding experience. They cant expand the club and are finding it dificult to locate another property. So I told them throw the prices up. If their lined up at the door obviously your giving it away. Trim back that crowd and increase your profits, its obvious.

Lot's of venues for cheap beer, good entertainment

deserves rewards for the promoters and the artists.

Dance contests ocur on an aproximately quarterly basis I am guessing, B200 spread over 3 months ?

Says jacko:

It is a shame that the general policy of this board is to insult people who do not like to throw their money around - for whatever reason they choose.

The last time I went to a dance contest, I seem to recall that the bar had already raised the price of a beer - and for that you got a semi warm one from a box without a glass.

Go ahead and charge entrance, see if it works. Then you can keep the noxious riff raff out that you dislike so much.

Hi!

I love Blues music

Have you ever been to the bles place in Pattaya. I too like blues but every time I go there they are playing something else. I think the place is called Blues Factory.

So I told them throw the prices up. If their lined up at the door obviously your giving it away.

I have seen quite few bars in Sweden go down the drain this way. A better way might be to slightly raise the drink price. Of course Sweden is a drinking country so a small raise would significantly riase the revenue. :D

regards

ALHOLK

Actually I am slightly in favor of charging to enter these things. I would prefer that to the girls coming round with begging buckets. Although considering what normally happens in them is probably illegal, I am not sure how the boys in brown would regard it.

I do not know how the effect of charging a higher entrance fee to increase the door profits actually impacts on the overall profitability due to the reduced take on drinks consumption of the smaller 'up market' crowd. Bar owners might be able to answer this. But I do know that an entrance charge is likely to deter first time customers.

Back to the 'Dance Contest', - they don't sound like an 'up market' crowd to me. :hubba:

Says ALHOLK:

Hi!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

I love Blues music

Have you ever been to the bles place in Pattaya. I too like blues but every time I go there they are playing something else. I think the place is called Blues Factory.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

So I told them throw the prices up. If their lined up at the door obviously your giving it away.

I have seen quite few bars in Sweden go down the drain this way. A better way might be to slightly raise the drink price. Of course Sweden is a drinking country so a small raise would significantly riase the revenue. :D

regards

ALHOLK

Agree with that. Imagine a total newbie to these tupe of contests being asked at the door to pay 200 Baht upfront for his drink and after all the rip off stories he's read and heard about so much. What will he do? Go in and take the risk or go to the nest bar that chatges 100 Baht to a show that to him looks pretty much similar even better since their are more girls dancing on stage. Raising the drink prices perhaps a little but not too much is probably best...

Great idea. Maybe a bit less crowded and if a man cannot afford 200 extra baht every couple months for the extra entertainment he needs to stay home or drink at 7 a 11.

(200 bht does not put you in the upper crust, crowd)

Maybe it would lose the crowd that will only have a drink at a place if it is happy hour. Took a girl from one of the places in cowboy and she pointed out about 8 people that come everyday for a 30 bht or whatever baht happy hour drink is and they leave when the last happy hour drink is consumed

I could understand if it was a couple day a week thing but this everday cheap charlie stuff really puts some holes in the old welcome rug besides wasting air and a chair. Not even third world countries need such people using their limited facilities, they do nothing for the country and need to go home and get some cash. Sorry just cannot understand people that will not go home when they become useless to a

foreign country and

do not have the ambition to at least come with a comfortable cash flow even if limited!!! My 200 barts worth!! I am broke now

Archived