Bumrungrad

Says thalenoi:

I must add Samitivej is also an excellent hospital in sukhumvit 33 or 35. Has been completely refurbished. The gf got excellent diagnosis there for abdominal pains, no medics, just a nice 6k baht bill for echography and colonoscopy.

I've been there too, in 2000, but when I went it was in Soi 49! ;)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All--

One thing that I forgot to mention that both and Rama 9 will do (upon request and for a small fee) is either mail/fax or telex your treatment/records to your "home" doctor and/or insurance company... I asked them to do this once and they were more than happy to ceritfy my procedures, translate everything into english and covert the charges to USD, then they faxed them over to my companies US insurance carrier. If I recall, they charged me only B50 for processing/fax charge.. Not too bad.

Thay will also call your home doctor if your Rx is running out and verify/dispense what you need.. The only catch is that some of medications available in the west are not available or come in different doseages and/or names in Thailand. I tto have had this done.. I ran out of my cough medication (narcotic cough medicine so it is a Schedule 3 drug in USA) and BH called my home doctor, got the Rx and dispensed the local equivalent..

All in all, a first class expereince... Unfortunately this experience is not available (based on cost) to about 95% of the Thai population..

--UPSer

--UPSer

Archived