Bumrungrad

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am still dating one that I met there during my 4-day stay.

Nailed her? No, she nailed me. :o

Actually, the story of my rather interesting stay in Bumrungrad is posted on the paysite.

I will say here that I was very impressed with the doctors, nurses, and other staff that were involved with my time there. Also, the procedure I had which was rather nasty ended up costing me 55,000 baht as opposed to nearly $9,000 in the States including 4 nights in a private room. My insurance paid about 2/3 of my bill here.

I used to go to the Bangkok Nursing Home hospital exclusively and they are outstanding too. However, Bumrungrad is closer to where I live now, so I changed. I am very glad I did, and, now, I have no reason to neglect little nagging problems (don't ask). It is so easy and fast to make an appointment online and then show up and get things taken care of. Checkout/payment is easy too.

My friend tells me that many of the nurses there would love to have a farang boyfriend too. :up:

Ski,

Glad to hear all turned out well for you.

In your post you stated that, "I gave the emergancy room my insurance card and was given a room and a doctor within 5 minutes."

I thought that all hospital care in LOS was pay first and then get reimbursed by your insurance (if you have any). What did showing an insurance card accomplish? Did Bumrungrad bill the insurance company or did you pay out of pocket and then have to submit paperwork.

By the way if you don't mind, what insurance company do you have? Would you recommend them to someone living in LOS?

I know, alot of stupid questions, but just trying to get an idea of what medical insurance companies are worth the premiums you pay them and which are best avoided.

Searcher

Good questions...i gave them the card but they told me to file seperately. No problem...I had the baht with me in case they told me to pay upfront, however, they didn't only on check-out. I still live in the states so Ihave American Medical and I also use travel insurance that covers climbing, diving, motorcycles, and heli rides. I have used Insurance alot in the course of my life as I've had some pretty nasty accidents.

But with the trip to Bumrungrad it cost some $30.00 US so I willn't even file more hassle then $30.00 is worth.

My travel insurance covrs up to 1,000,000 with a zero deductable if needed for very little. Includes haz sports and heli rides up to $50,000 if needed from remote areas...I climb alot, surf strange places, and trek. I think it's called Travel Liasons ALS.

Hope this is helpfull.

SB :beer:

• 3 weeks later...

Id' agree that Bumrungrad is indeed a first class facility for SEA and compares very favorably on international standards as well.. I've had a few "cuts, bumps and bruises" fixed there as well... Of course, the cost was nothing compared to what would be charged in a US facility (for the same procedures)..

I've also gone to Rama 9 Hospital.. My TF goes there (she finds BH to be too far of a taxi ride)... Even though the facility itself is nothing compared to BH, I found the overall level of care and services to be at the same level as that of BH...

If I had to choose one or the other, I'd choose BH, however, I'm totally comfortable using Rama 9 as well....

--UPSer

I spent some unfortunate time at Bumrungrad in intensive care after a heart attack (myocardial infarct) and although I agree I was impressed with the facilities (especiallly the more than beatifull and competent nurses :o ) their cardiologist where not world-class. They recommended a x4 bypass surgery.

My travel insurance company sent a cardiologist to bkk who brought me back to my home town university hospital where one of the Bumrungrad cardiologist studied a few years earlier and they remembered him for sure.

They were shocked at the idea of bypass surgery and implanted two stents in stead.

I am doing fine since (3 years now, living in LOS)

I must add Samitivej is also an excellent hospital in sukhumvit 33 or 35. Has been completely refurbished. The gf got excellent diagnosis there for abdominal pains, no medics, just a nice 6k baht bill for echography and colonoscopy.

Archived