World's Best/Worst Airports...

MooNoi

Best? Well, Copenhagen obviously ::

Worst? Nothing beats SVO in Moscow. Most depressing place I ever went to in my life. And everybody working here looked like they just received word from their GP that they had a fatal cancer.

A close second is the airport in Karachi, cant recall the name but I was unfortunate enough to get stuck there on 2 occasions. Never experienced so many con men in my life.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I passed quickly through Karachi. I had forgotten to adjust my watch, thought I was too late so I just ran through all checks and left them gaping :D

No body dared to stop this lunatic, crazy Norwegian..

Yes, I had been on the juice also... Which leads me to Dehli. I was sent there on work purposes, and someone else was supposed to fix all. So when I went from BKK they refused. I had no visa for India. I had to fight my way up to some top official to be allowed to leave BKK to Dehli. I used noisy farang way, don't go until problem solved. After some time I had to buy an extra return ticket with the same airline, fair enough. As I left they laughed at me, and this farang would never make it into India.

As I landed in Dehli I was put aside, among with some other questionable characters. I started to wander around to offices, until I saw a pleasant dude. He stamped a visa after some chit chat, and his final comment was "which brand of whisky have you been drinking".

When I turned up at work the next day they informed me that people who try to enter India without visa are shipped back pronto, or kept in detention until the next day if they are high ranking official visitors.

I had a smile on my face as I got a refund on the extra ticket bought at Don Muang ::

Sometimes, being a stupid drunk works!!!

Says paulc31:

Hi jp1,

I agree with you I think Korea's Inchon (seoul)

is a good airport very clean, easy to get around
:):up:

some of the prettiest women working in duty free shops :: :hubba:

paulc31
:angel::grinyes:

Someone's on crack! :rolleyes:

Fly into Inchon at 3/4 in the morning and tell me how good it is! Nothing open! Was there for a 10 hour layover! So we're stuck in the "bonded area". Starving, nothing open! Finally one place opens at 6'ish. Terrible coffee (and this is a coffee shop!) and a ham and cheese sandwich that had some sort of disgusting potato salad smeared on it. Smoking lounges are few and far between. The ones you do find have 53 people smoking in a 10' x 10' cubicle, so you don't even have to bother to light up, just inhale! No smoking rooms exist in the "transit hotel" for that matter. While I'm on the topic of the "transit hotel".... it was like $60US for an 8hour block! Gesh, you would think a blow job is included in that price.... but it's not! Not only that we made reservations there in advance, only to be told on arrival that the hotel was full and we had to wait like 2 hours! Getting on 7am, more stores opening up. NOT ONE OF THEM SOLD FOOD! Does the airport really need 35 stores selling WORLD CUP memorabilia?!?!? (This was May 2002). BUT NOT ONE PLACE SELLING AS MUCH AS A CANDY BAR, OR A BOTTLE OF WATER!!! All the remaining stores were selling duty free! But still NO FOOD! Gave up, tried to get a couple hours sleep in the room. Woke up went to the hotel restaurant. Find out that the bar at the hotel restaurant (now finally open) was smoking. Got a breakfast worth maybe $5US for like $15! (Had I been in the US I would have sent it back!) Coffee at the restaurant was somewhat better than the other coffee shop I ran into earlier, but not much.

Ok, now for the return trip back to the US: :cussing:

Still same 35 stores selling world cup crap. Had to walk like a half mile (passing like 20 stores selling nothing but Channel Number 5 and Ralph Lauren) just to find a vendor selling overpriced bottled water (of course the water was at room temperature!) I had smartly stocked up on food at a 7-11 in Bangkok, so no problem this time.

Previous trip had landed at Kimpo (the old airport). While this experience was less traumatic, that airport sucked as well! My next trip in June 2004 will be on EVA so I will (THANKFULLY!) avoid Korea altogether! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright I'll shut up now! Just had to set the record straight on Inchon airport! ::

-=/NN

Some may disagree I'm sure, but here's some of my favorites...

Frankfurt, Miami, Chicago (O'Haire, but Midway isn't bad!), Taipei, Don Muang, LAX, Havana (great airport!)

Here are some of my least favorites: Atlanta, JFK (everything is expensive!), INCHON (see my previous post), Kimpo, Tampa, Nassau, Jamaica (Kingston I guess), Dallas

Just my humble opinion! :cover:

-=/NN

Archived