World's Best/Worst Airports...

MooNoi

obviously on this board don muang inbound are the best untill the new one is replacing it! close 2nd is copenhagen & changi, while samui, bali, vientiene etc. are nice. bali very convenient located only minutes from the beach & cheapest accomodations :bow:

worst is always don muang outbound! moscow give me the creeps too, while dhaka, karachi, delhi or narita, while heathrow just simply are a disgrace :onfire:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

Moscow used to be quite nice for a couple of hours. Th Irish pub had good ale and the tax free was much better than Don Muang. I can understand that asians aren't to concerned about malt whisky as they are going to pour coke in it anyway ( :censored:) but their malt whisky assortment positively sucks. Once they even tried to convince me that Jonny Walker black label was malt whisky. :banghead: :onfire: :cussing:

regards

ALHOLK

Hi fly,

the best airport I have yet to find.

But the worst for me just has to be Sofia airport.

I had an 8 hour stint there flying Balkan Airways from Heathrow to Bkk.

We arrived there at around 4am, absolutely nothing open.

We were carted around the in transit area like prisoners with an armed guard at the front of the group and the airport itself did slightly resemble a concrete cell.

The place was extremely cold and grim, the lighting was something to be desired.

Things finally started to open at around 8am, but didnt help much because the beureau de change didnt open till 10, and nobody took plastic either. None of the staff seemed to give a shit.

When we were finally able to get some money changed, went to get some food and a couple of beers, which turned out to be unedible and the beer was warm.

Man was I glad to get out of here.

All in all a highly unpleasant place.

Hi!

I learned that lesson in 1994. On the way down we only stayed for 2 hours. This was shortly after tha fall of the communists. There was a bar on the ground floor and the beer was drinkable although not great. After a beer a bloke approached us and said that this is the old state run bar but now we have a free market. Upstairs there were bars that was run as a free neterprise.

We decided to stop drinking opressed commie beer and go upstairs for a free beer. As it turned out the only difference was that the beer from the free bar cost twice as much. :cussing:

regards

ALHOLK

Hi!

I think I have already posted about the flight. They lured us to the wrong gate so some Bulgarians could board fist. Wen we boarded our assigned seats were already take, The crew did absolutely nothing. During the flight an elderly lady collapsed outside the toilets. The crew just looked at her and did nothing. Another passanger had to help her.

I'm sure that exchanging the crew for a bunch of lobotomized monkeys would have constituted a major improvment.

regards

ALHOLK

Says paulc31:

Neon Ninja,

OUCH!
:devil:

Looks like someone got up on the wrong side of the bed today, and didn't have there coffee
:neener:
:neener:

paulc31
:angel::grinyes:

Sorry, I get traumatized everytime "Korea" is mentioned these days!! More so when someone actually says that Inchon is a GOOD airport!

::

-=/NN

Sorry, I get traumatized everytime "Korea" is mentioned these days!! More so when someone actually says that Inchon is a GOOD airport!

What's your problem with Incheon airport? Give me any reason why it shouldn't be mentioned under the world's best airports. :dunno:

Archived