World's Best/Worst Airports...

MooNoi

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Sanukdee,

you may be right about BKK Airways having the highest flightrates in Thailand.

However, you only pay airport tax in Samui, not in BKK!! In BKK you pay 500Baht for international departures in Samui 400Baht for any departure.

The airport still remains however one of the nicest airports in the world IMHO and I'm not trying to be biased because I live there. ;):angel:

Maybe I'm just a little envious. My wife is from Chaiyapum and there is no airport to complain about. :cussing: Nor train station for that matter. :banghead: Just a seven hour bus ride from Mochit. :sleeping: BTW Mochit the Northern Bus Terminal isn't too bad as far as bus statioins go. Ekamie and esp the Southern Bus Terminal suck big time. :down:

Unlike the Northwest terminal in Narita with its overpriced noodle shops( I couldn't find a McDonalds or any other Western restaurant) and lack of seats, I do like the spacious Inchon Airport and its free internet terminals. Different strokes for different folks. LAX is the hell with its beggars and weird customs. The one thing everyone can agree with is that Singapore Changi Airport is the best. :up:

I would rather have a Big Mac than pay US$10 for a small bowl of overpriced Japanese noodles :cover:. All joking aside, the Northwest terminal in Narita is seriously cramped with very little seating(I had to sit on the floor to wait for my connecting flight to BKK). Also, the only dining option is an overpriced Japanese noodle restaurant. I asked the girl at the customer service counter if there were any other options besides the noodle restaurant, and she told me there were several other restaurants, but I would have to go through immigration to get to them. Pathetic!!! :rolleyes:

Archived