Another Bangkok property bubble in the making?

JJsushi

Legover,

Stilt houses that can be dismantled were once a common site in old Thailand. Owners would move them to areas where there were better prospects for good rice harvests, etc. Most of those have already been bought, moved, etc. Jim Thompson's house, as you may know, was assembled from six of those old teak houses.

There is a company in Ayutthaya that refurbishes and makes replicas of the old style teak stilt houses. They aren't cheap, but beautiful and IMO, highly desirable.

Here's a start:

http://www.thailandcenter.de/z-texte/z-thaihouse.htm

J22J

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"For one, I do beleive it the voes that I took until death does us part.."

I think everybody does when they get married... even those who had nasty divorces several years later and are now living out of their car since the wife took everything.

This is not an issue about trusting my wife, the issue is to cover my ass since nobody can predict what will happen in the future.

Sanuk!

Have different bar girls take you to visit their home villages and put out the word you're interested in buying a house. 50-100K baht is the range. Two houses so you get plenty of wood. Have them dismantled and loaded on to 10 wheelers. The old shitty looking wood comes back to life once it is re-planed. You want to use cement posts for the first few feet above above/below ground then bolt your wood poles to the cement.

Archived