muscle twitching?

thai3

For the last couple of weeks I've had almost continual muscle twitching and cramps esp in the legs. This gets really annoying, went to the Doc today who took a test for thyroid problems. Anyone else ever had this?-peter

Hi!

Yes, this has happened to me a couple of times. Allegedly it's due to disrupted salt balance. I forget which salt but just putting more salt on the food seem to help. Also there are small bags of electrolyte available at pharmacies that seem to help.

regards

ALHOLK

• 2 weeks later...

It seems either one of three things, the start of something something serious, a B12 deficiency or a benign condition which just has to put up with. I will be going to see a neurologist in a few weeks. Just a point on responses to health questions, I don't think it's reallly a place for people trying to be funny-peter

Agree, not a place for people to be funny.

I exercise a lot. Typically, I drink a bottle of Gatorade when I exercise.

Every few days, I have no idea why, a muscle in my upper right leg will twitch and keep me from sleeping - drives me crazy.

I have seem B12 mentioned in various contexts for the last 30 years but have never had a B12 shot.

Keep us informed , please.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, although I'm not sure it correctly answers the original post.

I take potassium to counter muscle cramps that I might get when I'm dehydrated.

I may have to up my dose to do any good when I'm on holiday in Thailand though. What with the jet lag, massive alcohol consumption and Issan girls beating the crap out of me in legitimate massage places, leg cramps can still occur at inopportune times.

The key is to be drunk enough to fight off the pain :drunk:

Archived