What;s your favorite dessert?

limbo

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says limbo:

Hi Sarisin,

you don't seem to be the only one on a diet. Samak is with you.

You 2 guys must be the fat overweight farang guys everybody on this board refers to, isn't it?
:neener:

I don't think you would say this if you met me.

I am 6 foot 1 inch and 190 lbs (sorry for not going metric on this :)).

I had put on a few lbs while on my extended vacation, but that and more is gone as a result of my low carb diet and frequent exercise.

Another benefit has been that I just don't seem to crave sweets like I used to - except for sweet Thai puying. :grinyes:

I am a fan of khao niaw mamuang to, when I am in Thailand I like to eat a good khao lam, kluay buat chi, miang khum that I taste for the first time on my last trip thank's to Rovineye recommandation, khanom krock (spelling), Thai coconut jelly.

Miang khum is also serve has a appetizer but it's sweet.

A other thing I very like in the south but it's not sweet is yum met mamuang himaphan, spicy fried cashew nuts.

yum met mamuang himaphan

Oh, I'd forgotten about that one. Excellent dish. There used to be a restaurant on the bend of the road near Rawai Beach in Phuket that served a great one.

Hmmm, I'm going to have to find a recipe. Their's had cashews, mango, fried squid, and lots of chilies. And lime of course.

"In Thailand it is hard to beat mango and sticky rice, but I also like "rot chong", the green worm like stuff which is served in a sweet, coconut based milk."

Ex does a wee bit of catering in my country, and spends a lot of time making "rot chong". Its a fav among the Thais who freeze here in cold Norway!

Cheers!

What could your wife not bring back from Holland so you could smuggle the Portuguese firewater into LOS?

haha good one, well I told her all I needed was 5 kgs...she could keep the other 35kgs for her stuff. :D

I'll bring you some of my Portuguese firewater when visiting Samui if interested. ;)

Says Zaad:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

What could your wife not bring back from Holland so you could smuggle the Portuguese firewater into LOS?

haha good one, well I told her all I needed was 5 kgs...she could keep the other 35kgs for her stuff. :D

I'll bring you some of my Portuguese firewater when visiting Samui if interested. ;)

Zaad,

I'm very excited now :bow::drunk: You mentioned it a few times already, so I'm looking forward.

Hey, what happened, you mentioned that island actually by its name!!?? :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Zaad not a reply to this post but to ""dessert""

My Wife is or has just finished cooking or boiling small green beans(look like a small pea to me or the size of a green pepper corn) for half an hour or so and looks and smells gross.

asked if i try...no way looks like something the cat spat out said is sweet and thai people like.

Called green bean with sugar...thats all i can get out of her so does it have a name?

You tried it.. :doah:

Archived