What;s your favorite dessert?

limbo

limbo,

You are a real peckerhead, aren't you? :)

I just responded to the thread on diets and how I am avoiding sweets, and then I see your thread on favorite desserts.

This was the hardest thing for me to give up as I was raised on cakes, pies, candy, and ice cream.

Now for dessert I have fruits or nuts. OK, maybe these don't qualify as real desserts, but they take the place of the sweets I would have normally eaten.

That is truly one of the great things about Thailand - all the delicious fruits available.

Also, old habits die hard, and I have this big box of chocolate butter creams I was sent from the US as a gift. I limit myself to one of these per week.

Isn't that pathetic? ::

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says samak:

cheese is IMO not a dessert, but another additional course after the main course.

nothing beats a nice cheese platter after a good meal with a dark red wine or a port.

Samak,

you may be right, but I can definately live with a good cheese platter after a meal and some good port or dark red wine. Yummy.

Hi Sarisin,

you don't seem to be the only one on a diet. Samak is with you.

You 2 guys must be the fat overweight farang guys everybody on this board refers to, isn't it? :neener:

As for nuts, yeah, I'm just eating some roasted cashew nuts myself, delicous. :up: The fruits are great here, although I do miss sometimes cherries and strawberries although the latter is available sometimes.

I can definately live with a good cheese platter after a meal and some good port or dark red wine.

Absolutely.

Either port or agua dente (special alcoholic Portuguese drink)

Still have 3 litres here of that inflammable stuff :drunk:

Says samak:

cheese is IMO not a dessert, but another additional course after the main course...

Hey, Mr Smartypants, I never said cheese was a dessert (LOL :)). If you'd care to stop eating and read the first sentence of my post, taking keen notice of its precise, finely-honed syntax, you'll understand that I mean: "I don't like desserts, but I do like cheese..." i. e. instead of a dessert. I did not imply that cheese be included in the "dessert" category. If I'd written; "I don't like desserts, though I do like cheese..." you would have a point. :neener:

I lay fretfully awake all last night worrying about this personal attack upon my integrity. :(

Hey, I don't like katoeys, but I like you, samak. (Are you sweating in case you might be a katoey now, chief?). :o

jack :up:

Hey, I don't like katoeys, but I like you, samak.

LOL :: You Fiery Jack must have had a terrible youth.

Back to desserts...I forgot to mention this special coconut dessert. It's an opened coconut with coconut pieces and sort of jelly inside. VERY YUMMY!!!

Asked my girl about its name: 'oon maprao aon' ::

Says torney_who_has_no_idea_about_wine_and_mix_wine_with_fosterbeer_and_thinks_it_is_Chateau_mouton_foster:

dark red wine is not all red wine dark..if not is a Rose

torney! different kind of red grapes give a different colour to the wine. compare cabernet, merlot, zinfandel, sangiovese and their blends and you will discover the differencies!

sorry to have screwed up your sensitive and dainty Semantic.

at least i mentioned cheese in my post...i receive many "answers" to my posts, that do not at all refer to my post...

i do not know, why you connect your cheese with katoeys, except ... to complain about the lack of holes in a Emmentaler cheese

Archived