Buy TG tix in BKK for flight origin overseas?

Palatkik

jacko,

the lower fares from Thai for BKK-LHR-BKK are also discounted. Anything that is less than the officially published IATA fare is discounted. All discounted fares are usually available through agents only so that the airlines can cover their ass. IATA BKK - LHR return should be in the region of 4000 USD. Cheapest tickets to Asia you get from Germany at the moment, talking about quality airlines.

Bbill

Palatik, Just to add another confusing point to this scenario. The fare your ticket would have been issued at would be the full published fare. If you were travelling on say TG, the market fare available from pretty much any decent travel agenct would have been around 30-40% cheaper.

jacko, gives the example of the Bkk - Lon - BKK ticket, however if that was done as a PTA, the fare would have been nearer 130,000 B for a business class Round trip ticket as opposed to the 90,000 fare available from travel agents in BKK.

PTA's are not a cost effective idea. Your actually better off always buying the ticket from an airline web site or using a travel agent in that point of departure and having them issue the ticket. Unfortunately, its not always possible to have an agnet in BKK arrange the PTA to get a better fare, they normally have to issue a virtual ticket. Sometimes you can do it as an e-ticket but useage of e-tickets is not widespread yet by agencies on these discounted fare levels in thailand.

Cheers

The fares I quoted came directly from the Thai Air webpage.

Thai Air bookings

They may well be discounted but they are certainly not discounting them from the London end. I would be interested to see the IATA fares, although I believe these mean diddly squat.

I have witnessed the same huge disparity from South American cities too. It became company policy for those making regular trips between Poland and the USA to save money by buying in Poland.

So what are you able to get from Germany?

Archived