Hookahs in the ?pong

Palatkik

Last night I see they have introduced Sheesha (sometimes called Hookah I have heard) in the Thigh Bar. The girls are all puffing away in the back corner. Is this an attempt to ward off any Moslem terror threat I wonder? Also I didn?t get forced to buy one lady drink for the surely mamasans there. On the whole I?d say talent better elsewhere though such as Kings 1.

Cheers,

According to something I read in one of the local papers recently, hookahs / sheeshas / water pipes are becoming the current "in" thing with young locals.

the girls in Thigh bar are recently much less aggressive than reported on this board a couple of months ago. they also have a couple of cuties and the katoeys have vanished as well.

actually amazing as still the old ex-Kings group crew is running it.

I'm wondering who reported about the aggressive girls at Thigh Bar. I missed that post.

I have always said that Thigh Bar would match up stunner for stunner with any bar in Bangkok.

The problem I have with that bar is the bill padding and blatant ripoffs they pull time and time again. I mentioned one where the ladies were hitting you up for 2 oz of white wine on plenty of ice for 160 B. At the same time they had a 'rule' that required you to buy a minimum of four ladydrinks before you could have the privilege of paying a barfine (cheap at 400 B :))

I haven't been to Thigh Bar in months. I really prefer Safari where I have never had a bill padded nor had a ripoff launched my way. The music is much, much better there than Thigh Bar too.

Interesting comments on the hookahs though.

Not too long ago I saw in the Post that many of the young 'uns were starting to suck on helium now for a high. Reminded of the old Rock Hard in NEP when the girls were toting around helium-filled balloons and sucking on them for a 'good mood.' ::

Says Sarisin:

I'm wondering who reported about the aggressive girls at Thigh Bar. I missed that post.

Sarisin

it was you and others followed you, our respected nightlife guru :bow:, NEP and SC Lover and Pong Hater, in your sermon about the sinister purgatory for Sanukers, the Pong!! :nono:

Sarisin cussing the Pong :cussing:

and about the Thigh Bar you wrote:

Says Sarisin: beware of the Pong!
:nono:
:

Like sharks that detected blood, suddenly many more ladies and service people closed in. A swarming was about to begin. I put a quick stop to that by changing the ladydrink order to a cola and telling the approaching sharks to beat it

is this not a description of aggressive girls?

myself as a plain average Sanuker, far from being a expert, have yet to face bill padding in this bar. i am not a regular there, but probably every 1-2 month once :beer:

Geez, samak, get a grip on yourself. :)

First you say this mentioning of aggressive girls at Thigh Bar was a couple of months ago, and then you cite a post of mine that was written in March 2002! :p

Does that qualify as a couple of months ago?

That is why I had to object to your inference that is was me that wrote this a couple of months ago. I thought you might have confused another's post with mine.

Anyway, nice to be called a "respected nightlife guru" even though I don't get out that much anymore. :(

For the record, things change and you certainly know that. I do not hate the 'pong now as my last few trips have not been bad. One of the reasons was the lack of aggressive touts and less congestion in PP1.

It should be noted, though, that I have not gone back to Thigh Bar for some time and really have no intention on doing so. IMO there are just better options available - and, yes, most of them are in SC and NEP. :)

Archived