Street Vendors

gobbledonk

>>>Cabt you use tablets (iodine ?) to 'purify' water ? <<<

...and risk insulting your host in some tribal area in a war zone? not really... :eek:

>>>The only ill-effects I suffered in 10 days in China were consistently explosive bowel movements.<<<

that often just comes from the change of diet only, give your system time to get used to unfamiliar bacteria. :)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well I too though I was immortal no matter what I ate & drank sorta my own mission against all the lonely planet warnings & disclaimers, but then I went to india for a MONTH & did not last much longer than a few weeks ::

indonesia seems almost clinically clean compared to that crazy continent :clown:

Artiew,

I am a fairly intrepid eater, despite having had giardia, dysentry and severe food poisoning in the last 4 years. The first two were in India and Nepal, say no more, but were the first doses I had in almost 10 years of travel in Asia. The final one was from the fuckers outside Thermae, on the morning Iwas to fly to London for a wedding. I spent 11 hours at 30000 feet in the bog, with it coming out of all ends. Needless to say I wont eat there again. Having said that, in all my years in LOS, this remains the only time I have had FP. I will continue to eat at street stalls as they are cheap and often better tasting than the restraunts.

Cheers

Jaga

Guest lazyphil

The first miserable food poisoning experience I ever had was flying back from Vancouver of all places, I thought Canada would be the last place to get sick (now SARS though!!), I lost a stone in weight. I was puking the whole way back and felt like death warmed up. Unforgettable :p . The only other one was at Puerto Maldonado, Peru when I ate some fish out of the Rio Tambopata, that night it was coming out of both ends like liquid. I felt very alone and helpless. Never had a problem in los :D

coss-

I'm suprised.. We board Thai Catering food for our BKK-SIN and BKK-TPE flights... Of course, we are only baording 5 to 7 meals, not 300+ as is more normal... We buy/board meals that TG is using on that day in their C class of service..

One of the big things that I notice is the portion size.. :D It's substantially larger than that of similar meals that we board in places like TPE and NRT.. The only thing that I dislike is the calorie count.. :doah: We get a one sheet explanation of the meal and it includes a calorie total and nutritional breakdown.. Most of their meals average well over 2,000 cals per meal and (in many cases) over 20g of sat fats.. :nono:

--UPSer

Says Jaganath69:

Artiew,

The final one was from the fuckers outside Thermae, on the morning Iwas to fly to London for a wedding. I spent 11 hours at 30000 feet in the bog, with it coming out of all ends. Needless to say I wont eat there again. Having said that, in all my years in LOS, this remains the only time I have had FP. I will continue to eat at street stalls as they are cheap and often better tasting than the restraunts.

Cheers

Jaga

yes i wish someone would lead pipe those bastards outside the thermae...the only time i have been sick in thailand is when i ate from there. shit and spew everywhere :( ::

Says artiew:

Mental note to self : never , ever eat outside the Thermae, and never, ever approach Norfly if he is carrying a
lead pipe !

but more importantly never approach me after i have been eating outside the termaie lest you may be covered in chunks. ::

Archived