Bush coming to BKK

dddave

Expect the mother of all crackdowns in October, The White House announced that GB will be visiting BKK Oct. 20th and 21st for the APEC summitt. He will also visit the Philippines.

Now, imagine the The Prez walkin' up Soi Cowboy----

dj

APEC in any country you can expect crack downs , but it's usually just visual . Thailand acts like any other major city that has hosted the summit just expect to see less beggars around and the police should be mostly concerned with all the hippies that will be protesting vs. the go gos and p4p scene.

but hey what do they say TIT.

Bill Clinton visited Thailand twice.

During one trip Hillary and Bill stayed at the King's Palace.

During the other, Hillary spent much of the time in ChiangMai area while Bill, well, I guess we all know why they named an entertainment (now defunct) plaza after him. ::

PS. It will be interesting to see if Colin Powell actually shows up in Cambodia soon as planned.

I had a pic of HM and the Billary on a calendar a couple of years ago. I thought the pic was an embarrassment.

Daddy Bush and Thaksin are friends. (Thaksin got a PhD in criminal justice or something at Sam Houston State Uni in Huntsville, Texas -- where the prison is that GB II used to zap people in.) Daddy Bush stayed as a guest in Thaksin's house. Wouldn't be surprised if Baby Bush does too.

On an little more somber note: During the visit and a few days either side would be good times to keep clear of places that would make good terrorist targets.

Don't think that just because they caught a few suspects, that the threat is gone. Terrorists are a lot like cockroaches - if you see one, there are many more somewhere nearby. Other parallels may be drawn between the two as well.

RickF.

Archived