Bummer at the Grace

Sarisin

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sure some pubs/bars in the UK shuts at 11pm, but then again some clubs runs untill 7am. What bkk has going for it obviously is something great enough to compensate for the redicilous 2am rule as e.g. this forum proves...

anyways any UK guys care to fill me in on the exact UK licensing rules aka. closing times as varied as 11pm, 2am, 5am, 7am etc.???

Not sure of the exact legal rulings for bars, pubs & clubs here in the UK.

But a normal pub or bar usually has a license to open from 11am till 11pm. They can also apply for extended licenses to let them open until midnight or 1am (for special occassions).

Clubs usually seem to operate from around 8-9pm till around 2 or 3 or 4am depending on location and licensing conditions.

The all night club scene (till 6 or 7am) used to be illegal and sometimes legal Raves or something of the sort, although I am not too familiar with this side of things...

There are also a couple of pubs around the UK with 24 hours licenses, these include the pubs in the airports and The Smithfield (opposite Smithfield Market) which you mainly find full of drunken butchers at all hours of the day/night...

I'm afraid at 5am when we we're kicked out of the smithfield club no place whatsoever apart from perhaps mcd or 7-11 we're open to carry on the after party. but the worst part was that no single girls invited us to a privat afterparty at their place...

Still life goes on in the village :sleeping:

I know it's gonna be a tough choice: a night out in sarfend or the real deal in LOS?

Please wish me luck in my decision making process...

p.s. after almost a year in the UK this time around I'm actually beginning to see a few not dramatically fat or ugly girls here & there & the worst part is that a few of them even smiled - in my direction :eek:. hell even a few semi stunners I must admit have crossed my path lately, so maybe I'll swap my bkk ticket for essex soon - any takers?

Says bangkokbutcher:

There are also a couple of pubs around the UK with 24 hours licenses, these include the pubs in the airports...

Must be a recent development, BB? I staggered into the pub at Heathrow Terminal 3 (the one flights from Asia go to, anyway) at 10.45AM one morning a couple of years ago, a wee bit red-eyed and unsteady on my feet, on the arse end of a liquid long haul :drunk:, and politely :: asked for pint of lager and large Bloody Mary sidecar, only to be loudly and supercilliously instructed by a fat old bitch with a face like a bag of nails that "We don't serve alcoholic beverages until 11AM, sir :( ... Would sir perchance care for a coffee and filled croissant...?" :doah:.

Longest 15 minutes I've ever had to wait. ::

jack :help:

I have never really understood why the official closing time for bars in Thailand is 2 a.m., but I have an amuterish theory about why. California has more Thais outside of Thailand than anywhere else. It's often called the 77th province of Thailand. The estimates I have seen on the number of Thais in LA alone range from 300,000 to 800,000. I don't know which numbers are right, but it is obvious from my last trip to California that it has a substantial Thai population.

Bars close in California at exactly 2 a.m. Actually, last time I visited California the last call for alcohol was about fifteen or twenty minutes before 2 a.m. to make sure that everyone finished their drink by 2 a.m. I know that Mr. T went to school in Texas, but it could be that the current powers-that-be in the constabulary all hail from California? Just a thought.

Archived