Bummer at the Grace

Sarisin

>>>Must be a recent development, BB<<<

It sounds like I could be wrong FJ, it was a presumption after all.

But this was based on a Heathrow airport experience I had a while back, last year in October. I cant remember the terminal but I think 3 or 4.

Our flight was at 9am (ish) and I could have sworn we had a beer or 2 at around 6.30am.

I may just have been suffering from the after effects of the previous night though (seriously), so I wouldn't like to commit myself to the statement I made. Apologies for my mistake if this is the case :bow:.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>> last time I visited California the last call for alcohol was about fifteen or twenty minutes before 2 a.m. to make sure that everyone finished their drink by 2 a.m.<<<

Well at least we get the drink up time after the clock has struck the hour for the final time over here, so you could actually say that most drinking establishments close at around 20mins past the hour. :up:

The estimates I have seen on the number of Thais in LA alone range from 300,000 to 800,000.

I have no data on the number of Thais living in the LA area, but having lived here for the past 20 years I find these numbers very hard to accept. I did a quick check and came up with a number around 150,000 for the entire state (info a bit dated). Where did you get these estimates? I would guess there would be many more Thais living in countries with more favorable visa policies towards them.

As for the common 2 am closing time for bars ? who knows where it came from :: probably just developed as a reasonable compromise between do-gooder lawmakers everywhere :nono: and barkeeps? :devil:

ST

[color:"green"] I would guess there would be many more Thais living in countries with more favorable visa policies towards them. [/color]

Not all Thais are low educated rice farmers. Many came over on student visa and stayed. Once here they can do the "family reunification" bit to bring over their family members (jump the queue).

Archived