Thailand's Firearm laws

Vladican

Says Wildalaska:

Let me note that if guns cause crime the Switzerland and
Finland
would lead the pack since they are two of the most heavily civilian armed places on earth..

Haha... Come again? :: What's the source of this? Having lived here a great big part of my life, I can assure you that Finland is not among the most heavily civilian armed places on earth, nowhere even near the top in that category... The gun-laws are strict, and carrying a deadly weapon (be it a gun, a knife, anything) on public is a total no-no. :nono:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>it has been thrashed before and will lead no where<<<

exactly.

my personal take on it:

rifles at farms for hunting etc. - no problem, has to be regulated at each country according to its particular specifics.

in civilised countries handguns and war weaponry should be just and only in professional hands, eg. police and army.

guncollectors, difficult...maybe some kind of enforcable ammunition control?

in civilised countries handguns and war weaponry should be just and only in professional hands, eg. police and army.

Hmm Fly advocating more government control intetresting.... ::

The shooting range is still in business under Alcazar, at least it was a couple of months ago. Other than the fact you have to become a member to shoot, it is quite cheap. You are closley supervised however when there are guns and ammunition present. There is something strangley satisfying to blast holes in a combat target with a 9mm semi auto ::

>>>Hmm Fly advocating more government control intetresting....<<<

just depends in which place you are living in - most civilised countries have those regulations, so, not really a case of "more" government control ;)

but, whatever, every place is different. if i would be forced to live in a warzone i would definately consider carrying a gun, but that is not really a kind of place i would choose to live in.

outside of that i don't really see the need for having a handgun.

we have a frontloader rifle for hunting upcountry, and if i would live up there, i might even consider having a gun for protection depending on the security situation, but that would not be a decision i would take lightly.

Im gettin a factory Colt Commando 11.5 inch barreled 5.56mm submachine gun nyah nyah nyah...

Damn those Carribou must be fighting back. :grinyes:

"Carribou are like the vietcong...varmintcong. So what you got to do...you got to fall back on superior firepower and superior intelligence. And that's all she wrote."

Whoa...

I initially started this thread to find out about firearm laws in LOS and if their were any local gun shops in the Bangkok area to find parts. What I found with a bit of help from:

Says PvtDick:

There are a lot of gun shops in Bangkok, clustered around Burapha Road (just north of Chinatown and Phahurat, The Old Siam shopping center).

is this:

"At Unakan Intersection corner of Charoen Muang and Unakan Road, The gun shops have been here approximately 40-50 year. Some of very first store have gone out of business. There are about 50 gun shops right now in this area and some have moved to the near by shopping mall, The Old Siam Plaza."

I am going to go check this area out when I roll into town next week.

Cheers

P.S. My momma has always told me, contrary to popular belief, the GOD that created the universe used the seventh day to create automatic weapons :p for humankind :dunno:

Fair enough ... I'll disarm as soon as all the crooks do. I already have to go through a police background check and wait days (or weeks, depending on locale) before I can get my hands on a pistol. But the bad guys don't ...

You can't compare the UK, Germany etc to the US, since they have never had a past requiring them to be armed. (In the Middle Ages, laws even specified what weapons men were required to possess. Only certain classes could legally own a sword.) And the Japanese never used pistols. They carve each other up with knives! Firearms are all over the US and always have been. All the laws can do is disarm the law abiding folks. The criminals don't obey the laws anyway.

Hey Wildalaska!

Maybe someday I can come up to Alaska to visit you. I could bring some fire power to help you with that nasty caribou problem ;) . Do you like the Sterling? I have a piece of British craftsmanship on the way (although it was designed by an American). It's a Model 1914 BSA Lewis Gun. It's at the dealer now and I plan on getting together with him next weekend to shoot it. Do any of you Brits remember the Lewis Gun?

>>>Fair enough ... I'll disarm as soon as all the crooks do. <<<

well, yeah, uncle flash, i meant 'civilised' countries... :grinyes:

i do somehow understand that the situation in the US is different from europe, like what you said the history of gunownership, and the huge spread of guns under the crooks. and what i have heard from some of the inner cities could easily be classified as warzones.

i don't don't know, i don't have a solution there. it just looks to me that the discussion on gun ownership is all too theoretical - on the one hand you have the gun nutters who pound on the constitution (jeez, that thing is rather old, and a few things can be adapted to modern times) and on the other side which wants to take the guns away, but i don't think that they have to live somewhere in the inner city and have to face all the armed gangster day in day out.

my question would be where do all those illegal guns come from? is there now way to somehow fight that traffic of illegal guns (or is that not so much a priority?). somehow i would think that making it more difficult to get the illegal guns, get them off the street, making it more difficult to buy ammo, would than result also in a better position to curb the sale of legal guns as well.

Archived