What are taxi drivers talking to your gf?

think_too_mut

why pay that much when I was fucking rude like that?

I never had a problem paying down to the lowest even number as they never have change say meter 41bt means 40bt in his hand ::

actually I think you'll see a very low percentage of rude drivers as they must fear the odd farang speaking thai will cause them to loose face bigtime - LOL asking to the good old farang vs. thai dick size - nice one :grinyes:

taxi drives :: can be fun

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>Most of my students are multi millionaire family backgrounds. They all pay to the exact change and will wait until the cabie gives the 3B back it they pay more than exact change.<<<

stingy fucks! :onfire:

>>>I find most of the cabbies are just shooting the breeze.. Most tell stories about murders of other cabbies,<<<

those stories unfortunately are true.

in the first months of the drugwar when ya maa rose to a few hundred baht per pill there was a huge rise in cabbies being held up.

personally i love chatting with cabbies here, most of them are really cool, we talk about everything from politics to the riceharvest.

i have met so loads of inyteresting characters - former factoryowners, unemplyed journalists, farmers, soldiers, etc.

one guy i will not forget - as soon as i got into the cab i got shitscared, the guy was huge and covered in the dangerous magical tatoos, very hard eyes.

we then started chatting about the tatoos, i showed him my mine he straight away recognised which monks did them, and after a while we talked about his warexperiences at lom kao. he was a former dahan pan (ranger) and in the thick of it. he told me about his nightmares, etc. great guy, softhearted and incredibly friendly.

More than likely he's asking her for directions, since he just came from Roi Et the day before and has never driven a taxi before in his life.

---------------------------------

Wrong! He is from Korat. They are all from Korat.... I can't think I ever took a taxi with GF, where they were not from some village next to hers :D.

Gee, I'm glad she hates thai men ;) ::

Says flyonzewall:

can be anything - from where she is from and if from the same province talking about all sort of local shit.

can be him telling her about his relatives which are married to a farang.

can be intrusive questions about money.

i had one guy once who as soon as we got into the taxi he asked the missus if she not just better rent the whole taxi as the rich farang anyhow pays for everything. you should have seen his face when that "rich farang" started abusing him in thai...
:grinyes:

but most of the time it's just some nice and normal chat.

Same for me. Often the driver's from the same province as the gf, sometimes from the same amphur and it's surprising how often from the same darn village too...

Guest lazyphil

A very nice story about a taxi driver I have. We were getting a ride back from The Mall on Ngarm Wongwarn Road to her mums shack on the river. We stopped a the video store and picked up 4 vids. Anyway, he drops us off. We soon realise we've left the videos in the cab. About 1am a knock at the door and the taxi driver has bought them back I assume when his shift finished. He had a few beers and I had a little banter about Beckham/Man U (my Thai is more or less zero :o)...I ask the mrs to offer him something for the trouble and money it'd have cost me at the video shop. He flatly refused smiled and went on his way :hug:

I ask the mrs to offer him something for the trouble and money it'd have cost me at the video shop. He flatly refused smiled and went on his way

------------------------------------

Thanks, Phil. I hope someday, the guys who think thais only see us as mobile ATMs as I just read, get to meet people like you and me have met. they'll have to get out of the farang ghetto, or the like-mentality at least.

As FlyW says, and unlike so many who think the first thought they have in the morning is to ATM-ize a farang, Thais are more off-handed with farangs than scheming. Which makes it a pleasure to travel the country without having to look over your shoulders, be accosted or decipher your bills. IME

I think they are generally ok but some talk shit right in front of you if you have not said much in Thai at which point I tell them to fuck off in THAI and get out.They are generally amiable like eveywhere else in the world. Once I was in a caB IN bkk with my extremely beautiufull Farang GF They go carzy over her here its so ironic but thats another story-The cabbie asked me how much I paid for her and where I got her. I went ballistic in THAI ON HIM.

They can't imagine a Farang having a beautiful women without paying...

In general they are ok tho-

A year ago me, my newbie friend and our two girls got in a cab. Newbie's girl is also a newbie and speaks no english at all. She starts chatting up the cabbie for 15 minutes running.

My girl was an old timer (Jarunee), said newbie's girl was telling the cabbie about the various ways she is fleecing newbie. This would have included the 1,500bht he paid for her portrait done in traditional dress at the mall and the 5,000bht for her first cell phone (she complained bitterly because she wanted the 8,000bht phone). He had been with her only 2 days. ::

Another time with another girl, we get in and I say Soi Cowboy. I had newbie written all over my face. The cabbie takes out his cell phone starts talking. After a few minutes my girl who i had been with for a week says something to cabbie, he stops at the manhattan hotel, she says lets go.

We got out, she said cabbie was talking with someone at bar in soi cowboy. She lied to him and said we forgotten something back at the hotel. She had enough sense to have him take us to manhattan where we were not staying. ::

A previous GF of mine used to regard taxi drivers as the scum of the earth when I asked her why? I only got that they were not good people and they talk too much. Personally I have found most of them to be friendly and helpfull apart from the ones hanging about the end of Pat Pong and outside the hotels, who seem to be unwilling to take you anywhere with the meter running. Same can be said of the night time songtaw drivers in Pattaya who are in the habit of driving off if you go to get in the back for the standard 10bt fare instead of the 50 - 100bt back to your hotel they try to scam out of you. ::

Archived