What are taxi drivers talking to your gf?

think_too_mut

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Flashermac:

More than likely he's asking her for directions, since he just came from Roi Et the day before and has never driven a taxi before in his life.

I thought ALL taxi drivers driver as if they've never driven before !!!! :hubba:

newbie's girl was telling the cabbie about the various ways she is fleecing newbie.

---------------------------------

OK, interesting. My experience is different. because i befriend a lot of girls, and hang out with them and their friends, usually, what i hear is not about fleecing, but plain telling how the guy is generous, sometimes to show the other girls that they found a good man, struck luck, sometimes because they are very happy to talk about the new things/clothes they or someone bought. Girlie talk, that's all. Maybe it's just to protect the customer, but most girls do not like hearing another girl spout off vainly how she scored. Life is tough, and they know, such attitude will sooner or later get its comeuppance.

Another time with another girl, we get in and I say Soi Cowboy. I had newbie written all over my face. The cabbie takes out his cell phone starts talking. After a few minutes my girl who i had been with for a week says something to cabbie, he stops at the manhattan hotel, she says lets go.

We got out, she said cabbie was talking with someone at bar in soi cowboy. She lied to him and said we forgotten something back at the hotel. She had enough sense to have him take us to manhattan where we were not staying

Sorry Mailuk

Im a bti confused by this

A downstairs neighbour was telling me in amazement last week that he'd got a taxi driver brand new to the city. He was the guy's first customer! Still, most have driven somewhere. If you can read Thai, look at their licence on the dashboard. It will have been issued somewhere upcountry -- 90% of the time in Isaan. Now it's a chauffeur's licence, but that doesn't mean he drove a taxi before. He may have driven a tuk-tuk, a rot songtaew or even a minibus.

A lot of the drivers these days have NO licence of any kind. They have a friend rent the taxi for them. Then they drive (sort of) around trying to make some money until it's time to harvest the rice crop back home.

My GF is very white and pretty. The talk is always about Chiang Mai, Doi Inthanon in particular. More surprising is how often the drivers tell my GF about their GF outside the city vice the wife in the city.

What I particulary like is the look on the taxi drivers face when he sees his fare at the airport is with a Thai girl. VERY unhappy. Knows it will be on the meter with little or tip (no 700 bahts this time Charlie). But in the city, always very friendly and entertaining.

My GF and I hire a taxi for the day many time in BKK. ALways have a great time. We pick a full day hire from one of the short haul guys who are nice and not trying to get us to visit his uncles tailor shop. Never had a problem.

When I am with a BG, the talk varies widely. Very commonly the topics you listed.

>>>Sorry Mailuk Im a bti confused by this<<<

Apparently taxi guy was making some arrangement that when we arrived at soi cowboy, we would be directed into a certain bar and taxi man would get paid a commission.

When my girl said he was "tawking with bah", this was my guess anyway.

I like talking to the taxi drivers too... often they'll tell me about where they come from and about their families.

They often ask me where I come from... I say Ireland and they invariable reply with 'Iceland?', 'No." I say, 'Ireland.', which is always met with the reply 'Ahhh... Holland!'.

Eventually I just say 'Roy Keane.' And immediately they reply with 'Roy Keaneeeeeee.... vely goos.'

One guy who was taking me from the airport to town wanted to introduce me to his sister who was a fruit vendor. Another guy told me about ghosts that were going around BK disemboweling people... told me to be careful.

I have had the 'Farang men have bigger dicks' conversation. and I was impressed by one guy from upcountry whose wife had left him and who was sending the money home to take care of his kids.

Funniest or at anyway most important thing happened to me in a taxi in LOS was a few years back now. Just after my Thai homegirl and I had started getting together. We were coming out of a hotel and needed a taxi to go somewhere and for fun played the 'where you go' game with the slacker leaning against his taxi.

He says something stupid like a hundred baht for a ride thats 35 by the meter, my girl says no and he says 'what do you care? it's not your money.' So she tells him 'yes it is' and stalks off. I get a real kick out of that and decided to trust her a little more after for being kind enough to protect my interests or at least smart enough to protect hers.

Just small talk. Never heard an Taxi Driver asking my birds/or girlfriend how my dick works and how big it is.

In general they talk about all kinda things. Recently we all talked about having Asok opened again going towards Petchburi coming from Sukhumvit. No need to get paranoid.

Cheers

Archived