What are taxi drivers talking to your gf?

think_too_mut

"...He says something stupid like a hundred baht for a ride thats 35 by the meter, my girl says no and he says 'what do you care? it's not your money.' So she tells him 'yes it is' and stalks off..."

I remember a few years back, catching my ride to the airport to go home, and my regular at the time negotiating the fare. He quotes something like 800bht, and she went off big time, apparently, he promised to split the amount over the fare with her. He says the "...it's his money..." bit, and she replies that I am her husband and it is our money, and he is giving Thais a bad name etc... she got us another fare for meter price, the only time that has ever happened going to the airport! But really, for the most part, the drivers that use meters are o.k. guys! :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Likewise, mine is usually telling him to stop taking the long way and giving directions. The great thing about having a "real" GF is the money and face they save you. I'm super lucky as I have one that does it for us, not for any other reason. Hope the rest can have this kind of relationship at least once in LOS. Gives one a very different (and prefered by me) perspective. :applause:

Archived