Suffering from End of Season Affective Dissorder?

Bhat_Man

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant see Pompey performing like that week in week out. What a suprise!

I am still having nightmares having witnesses the state of some of the Portsmouth Supporters notably the anitiquarian book seller. Hello sailors :grinyes:

Latest table

Pekieboy 3

Sayjann 3

PhiketPete 1

not a surprise to me BM.

i have said before that Pompey might surprise a few people this year.

a shrewd,experienced manager and a team which includes players with PL experience.

yes they will struggle,but i think they will survive.....just.

but a query BM?.

in your list you sent us all,you said correct result was worth 1 point and correct score worth 3 points?.

so should Peckieboy and i have more point?.

correct result(Pompey winning)-1 point and correct score(2-1)-3 points.

should this be 4 points?.

how do players earn points each game,i cannot seem to find this explanation anywhere.

game on PeckieBoy.

i await the beer May/June next Year...... :neener:

Well, our friend Sayjaan clearly knows more about this club than most of us. Do you live in the area? You treated Yakukbu for malaria? Now there is an inside track to some info!

I still think, though, that Pompey will need to maxime points at home, as well as early in the capaign, to survive. But I guess this common sense.

I wonder about Berger.....what are your thoughts on him? Do you think he has it in him to be a leader for the entire campaign? Will he consistently produce or fade? It has been a while since his glory days.

froggo

Hi Froggo.

i live 4 miles from Fratton Park.

i do know a couple of people who have inside info about what is going on within the club,but as to the normal team news,that is readily available on the net.

but our local paper floods the readers with daily news.

Yakubu has done well.

he spent 6 days in hospital around a month ago and was quite weak and missed a lot of pre season training.

he has done well to regain his fitness after losing a lot.

but with Todorov missing he will have to keep injury free.

he and Pericard are the only real forwards left and are both very inexperienced.

if Berger can stay fit,he will have an influence in the team.

his pass to Yakubu for the 1st goal was superb and he took his goal very well.

in the past he was a class player,but injuries in the last 2 years curtailed his career.

i have always liked him and used to normally have him in dream teams i had entered.

with little cover on the left(Matt Taylor out injured,a player who will be a sensation in the PL),Berger is having to play further on the left then he would like.

but once cover is found,he will play more middle midfield and he is more suited there.

never really liked Stone over the years,but he was good last season for Pompey and has the experience of the PL to know his way around,another important player.

but Teddy is the one who will make the team tick.

if he is out,then Pompey will find it hard.

he may be getting on a bit,but the way he plays this not important.

he has seen it,done all in his career and one of the most experienced players in the PL.

he is the key to a successful campaign.

i remember when he 1st went to MU and in his 1st season Arsenal won the double and he was taunted with the chant of

'oh Teddy Teddy,went to Man Utd and he won fuck all'

the next season he scored in the Nou Camp and won the Treble...... :neener:

Arry is still wheeling and dealing and says he still needs to strength the team.

so far he has bought in a lot of players and spent little money.

everyday i see stories of him wanting players from all around the world.

but the wage bill has risen dramitacally.

Pompeys season?.

they are starting off with a relatively easy start,games against teams they are well capable of taking points from.

Oct/Nov is difficult.

Jan is pretty good.

Feb/March is tough.

but May is looking good,fairly easy games in my opinion but i think they will be safe by the last game of the season.

i don't think they will be involved in the last game lottery.

BTW i was chatting to Arry today,nice fella.

My god Sayjann I didnt realise that you lived, drank and slept Pompey :p Looks like you'll be going for a clean sweep on the Predictor.

I was impressed with them last satruday but they are in for a pasting at City this weekend. With Kev's boys demolishing Charlton I wouldnt be suprised if Pompey get a a fright.

We shall see.

Your right about 'Arry. I met him in the Met bar when he was manager of the hammers. Top fella! :up:

Well, there we have it. Sayjaan lives 4 miles from Fratton Park and, from what I read below, is the favorite for the predictor. Agree w/ Bhat Man there.

Interesting to hear your comments about Berger. I agree that he is a gifted player, and is best suited to the middle of the midfield. Most of his runs are toward that area of the pitch even when he plays wide left or right. I guess time will tell if he avoid injuries and recapture past glory..

Taylor was going to be on my fantasy team - a future star.

Sayjaan, do you know the tatooed, blue-haired bookseller who was prominently shown on the tele last weekend?

Cheers,

froggo

you mean John Portsmouth Football Club Westwood.

changed his name by deed poll and is an idiot.

don't know him personally,but know people who do know him and not many have a good word to say about him.

but he is a loyal supporter.

claims to have not missed a game(all competitions,friendlies,home and away)for many years.

however he was banned from entering one ground last season because of the handbell he carries,it was deemed to be an offensive weapon.

can't remember wether he left it outside or didn't enter the ground.

he reminds me of a friend of mine who is covered in Tattoos of MU players.

has Robson and Cantona on his thighs and a huge Bestie on his back,along with many smaller ones on the rest of his body.

Archived