sweat too mut

The heat and humidity in LOS does wonders for the scenery; it's like a green house out there. But even after a couple years in LOS, the heat gets to me and I think I sweat more than most farangs. If I'm outside for any length of time on most days I'll start sweating. Walking with groceries seems physically easy, but unpleasant due to sweating for instance. Any way to reduce? :onfire: Part of my problem might be I tend to be in A/C while indoors (over time ratcheted the thermostat from 20C to 27C now), but don't know for sure.

Hi

i think we falang all the same maybe some a bit worse off.

walking in the humidity is a problem i on some trips go through 3 shirts a day (light colors or multi color) never a say just a blue shirt (you look ugly after 5 minutesalking).

Nothing much we can do imo...look around many looking just as hot and sweaty as you.

I come from a very hot part of my country but is a different heat gets up to high 40c in summer.

Sorry no real help to you but to wear very light colors? :dunno:

For casual walking around, there is athletic attire that wicks the perspiration. The sweat doesn't accumulate in the fabric - somehow transferred into the air. Check stores that sell athletic clothes and ask for fabrics that wick perspiration (or just look - fabric information card will definitely point it out if the fabric is able to wick).

These fabrics don't eliminate the problem but reduce it by 50 - 75%, in my experience.

I'll bet I sweat more than anyone! ... embarassing at times.

Sometimes I'll walk with a handkerchief in one hand to wipe the sweat from my brow before it get's into my eyes. There are days when I'll soak through my shirt, etc., and I notice other farang who look comfortable. Mine results from an underlying health problem and, especially the medications I take to deal with it. Unlike others, I will never be able to adjust to this climate. All I can do is make sure that I remain adequately hydrated. Alcohol beyond moderation will make the situation worse. I try to avoid the sun; and, I try to dress lightly. Also, I need A/C for much of the time ... I'm still waiting for that cool front to move through so I can see Angkor Wat!

The only time of the year other farang look like me is after getting doused on Songkran!

Archived