90 days report to the Immigration

Are you sure ? Did you do it yourself or does your company have a "service" that arranges for you ? Maybe they paid and will bill to you as a part of their service fee ?

I was late in my reporting, by 5 days and they wanted me to pay the fine. But since I'm leaving the country before my next work permit renewal I'll anyway have a new arrival stamp so it will not matter.

I still will do the 90 day reporting as I believe that it is a requirement during the work permit renewal.

Cheers!

I just got mine renewed last Friday.

Last date of entry on TM card was January 2003.

I hadn't registered but I had taken my driving test which required me to get a letter of proof of address from the local police.

I didn't need it as I was not asked for any proof of address nor was rule #5 mentioned.

It is my understanding that if you never initiate 90 day reporting, that office has no record of you, and you effectively do not exist to them. If - however, you do register once, then you are obligated to to so from then on - because they do now track you.

The 4th floor reporting office is entirely separate from the entry-permit extension part of the building, down on first floor.

What I state above is evidently the way things are - but the requirement exists, and enforcement practice can change in a heartbeat.

Note: All discussions about "visas" are irrelevant. Visas are only issued at diplomatic posts outside Thailand - and they are a function of the Foreign Ministry - issuing you an approval to obtain entry into Thailand. Suan Phlu is in the business of entry permits - these are issued at border crossings by Immigration - which is part of the Police, which belong to the Interior Ministry. Suan Phlu (an Immigration / Police office) is specifically in the business of granting extensions to entry permits. No relation to visas, or even to initial entry permits.

SS

I fully agree. If you have NEVER done it before, you don't will be in trouble. If you do it once, then they know you and probably you will be fined.

(By the way I have this information directly from an officer at the Immigration.)

It is nonsense that you need the 90 days form for the work permit. It's not stipulated on the endless list of needed documents.

Didier

Archived