Thailand's Transportation System

Torneyboy

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says paulc31:

Thailand does have a good skytrian system ::

Once the new subway system gets up and running next year that will make Thailand's Transportation System even better
:beer:

Paul,

Dont exagerate it :) the BTS is restricted to only 2 lines in BKK, not in the whole of Thailand :)

Cheers !

I've never had a problem getting to and fro in Thailand, the government buses have always been on time and clean, trains from Chiangmai and Nong Khai to Bangkok on time and clean(except for a few bug bites last year ::)...but, the private mini-bus/van service does scare me a lttle. Had a harrowing ride a few years back from Phuket to Krabi...yes the driver was good, he thought he was Michael Schumacher, we all kissed kissed the earth when we arrived at our destination.

I have a paramount rule for bus transport(government or not) and that is NEVER to travel at night. I like the scenery first off, and it seems most of the grisly accidents always happen at night. I will never break this rule, ever.

BTS? mai mee bpen haa!

Hi,

"I have a paramount rule for bus transport(government or not) and that is NEVER to travel at night."

Totally agree. I do not even travel on any bus whose route is longer than about 4 hours.

Been in one bus accident. Was enough.

My wife has been in 3! Luckily always only minor bruises.

Sanuk!

Hi BelgianBoy,

Don't get me wrong, for the 2 lines they have they are good ::

It would be nice if there were more line going through out

Thailand, but I will take what they have now :bow:

Hey maybe they could have 7 or 8 line some day like

over in South Korea ? :dunno:

paulc31 :angel::grinyes:

Been in one bus accident. Was enough.

---------------------------------

never been, used to travel the orange "fan only" buses during my early years in LOS. i think i did pretty much all the long and harrowing destinations, south to north, east to west and again.

Well, anyway, not to contradict you, just remisnicing the good old times. I remember one trying bus ride CM to Pattaya (where else? ;)), was sleeping and woke up around 5am. thought, cool Chonburi then Pattaya.

then i realized the bus was stopped on the side of a road in the middle of nowhere.

had been since midnight. everyone was outside, waiting. The tire or something....

First, i was pissed, then i thought to myself: Lucky you, millions of people working their 9 to 5 back home, never came here, never will, and here you are in the middle of nowhere, with thais laughing instead of grumbling, and no special schedule to fulfill.

It was a great lesson of enjoying life as it comes, of just "being there". something i definitely must thank LOS for.

PS:We arrived at 4pm, about 8 hours behind shedule. That's 9 to 5 in LOS ::!

Hi,

Many of the busdrivers, especially on the VIP busses, drive like crazy. Long streches, no sleep, lots of traffic, lousy vehicles and no common sense. Very dangerous combination.

I would not at all be surprised to hear that there are a couple of bus accidents a week, and likely a couple of serious ones every month or two.

Sanuk!

While I do not travel extensely through the hole country (BKK/ PTY, the longer rides by plane), I think, it is o.k. and comparable to other asian countries. Much better than Cambodia, for example.

Says Peter1964:

While I do not travel extensely through the hole country (BKK/ PTY, the longer rides by plane), I think, it is o.k. and comparable to other asian countries. Much better than Cambodia, for example.

I agree Air travel throughout Thailand is affordable and an overall good service provided.

Archived