Pattaya Serviced Apartments?

Sarisin

Anyone have any recommendations on serviced apartments in Pattaya/Jomtien?

I will be going there for a month starting in late January to 'house-hunt.' I guess this is still considered high season.

I have been quoted a rate of 35,000 baht for 30 days at The Residence Gardens which seems like a very nice place. I was hoping for something a bit cheaper.

Suggestions?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Centre Condo next to Wat Chai on South Pattaya Rd. has some ranging from 5,000 to 12,000 per month.

Yensabai Condo just opposite and past Hollywood range from 7,000 to 25,000.

All depends on what size you want.

Mark-Land Hotel on Soi 2 is pretty good too but I don't know their rates.

Pinewood Condo on Second rd. is 13,000 I think. It's just over the road from Soi Yodsak. Very conveniently located!

I think Centre Condo don't have too many for rent right now. I asked about 2 weeks ago and they showed me one for 10,000 a month that still had the original PVC tile floor down and needed a serious clean and some decorating and some new furniture.

By all means check Centre Condo but don't bank on it.

There are a couple of companies that do apartment rentals and they have websites. Try a search on Google as I can't remember the url but Northern Thai Realty and Pattaya Properties if I recall correctly might save you some leg work.

Good luck.

Thanks guys for the help. I have been working with Mark at Northern Thai Realty (I know, don't use a realtor!) and he recommended the Residence Garden. I read somewhere that in addition to being expensive, they have a joiner fee for guests. This will rule them out.

You have given me some other alternatives to check out and I appreciate that.

Thanks for the advice Mr. Mayor. I have emailed all the places named so far and have heard only from The Residence Gardens.

I have contacted two realtors - East Coast and Northern Thai. I did not know they took such a large cut. I am using their websites primarily just to get an idea about the places, amenities, and costs. I have not looked at any places with them yet. I think one month on my own in Pattaya (that's why I'm looking for a one-month serviced apt. deal) should be sufficient for me to find something.

I am currently living in a 280 sq. meter 3-bedroom here in Bangkok. Over the past 5 years I have grown into the place, so I am looking for something larger than View Talay. Despite the security concerns I might go with a house/bungalow/townhouse which certainly gives you a lot more for the money.

I will check out View Talay and Chateau Dale for the one-month serviced apt. though.

Thanks, Your Honor.

Look at the notice board in Centre Condo, there's an Aussie guy that owns a load of places on the 11th floor that rents them out. There's some other private renters in there too. The Condo management won't tell you about them though and try to get rid of their worst places.

Northern Thai take a 20% cut of the rents so you can get places much cheaper by just turning up and asking at the Condos.

Try View Talay on the way to Jomtien. Chateau Dale is nice too but Baht25,000.

Don't really know the places in Jomtien.

Thanks again for your response Mr. Mayor.

I have a two-year plan now. I want to rent a place in Pattaya for two years. Maybe the same place for two years or two different places for a year each.

Then, after the two years, I will either buy something, or, if I don't care for Pattaya, move entirely back to Bangkok - which I already know I like. As part of this plan I will be working in Bangkok 50% of the time and screwing off in Pattaya the other 50%.

What is your take on security in Pattaya? I am particularly interested in the houses rather than the condos which I think are fairly secure. I keep seeing this term 'communual security' in the listings. Is it really security or a spotting service for the crooks.

Sorry, if I sound paranoid, but being away 50% of the time makes security a prime issue with me.

All the townhouse "villages" around Pattaya have security at the entrance, night and day. I'd say it's a safer deal to get this kind of dig rather than a lone house or bungalow, especially if you commute to Bkk every once in a while. i will be in Pattaya starting next month.maybe we meet or you can let me know if there's any info i can get for you if you are still in BKK. I know i always see a few places worth investigating, condo type, but i always forget their names and correct address, damnit! Are you in Pattaya, in Dec?

quote:

Originally posted by Sarisin:

Thanks again for your response Mr. Mayor.

I have a two-year plan now. I want to rent a place in Pattaya for two years. Maybe the same place for two years or two different places for a year each.

Then, after the two years, I will either buy something, or, if I don't care for Pattaya, move entirely back to Bangkok - which I already know I like. As part of this plan I will be working in Bangkok 50% of the time and screwing off in Pattaya the other 50%.

What is your take on security in Pattaya? I am particularly interested in the houses rather than the condos which I think are fairly secure. I keep seeing this term 'communual security' in the listings. Is it really security or a spotting service for the crooks.

Sorry, if I sound paranoid, but being away 50% of the time makes security a prime issue with me.

Khun Sarisin, you could touch base with Rex Alexander. He is the owner - moderator of www.pattaya4u.com. I know he had formerly lived at Center Condo and believe is now or recenty been ensconced at the Mark-Land. An accommodating guy. --- the Pale Rider

I appreciate the offer 127.

Unfortunately, I will be in New Jersey (just down the road from Pattaya, right?) most of December. When I get back I have to work a bit, so I won't be in Pattaya until around Jan. 20 or so.

What you say makes sense about the security. I haven't had a look at any of these villages yet, but I will in January.

Of course, I could always get a big dog or a BG to watch my place? Uh, yeah. crazy.gif" border="0

PS. I would love to get together with you if possible sometime during your visit. I really appreciate your posts, particularly in the Polls section.

Archived