schooling

pattaya127

Yes, they are primary/secondary schools with British or American or Japanese curriculum. Very very expensive, though. AND NOT JUST ANY KID CAN ENROLL a good level of English/French or whatever is required.

It's still far ahead in time for my little one before she hits the schoolbanks
Limbo not much time really if you want a good start for your kid, it is very good to get the kids of to school early, see Brink mentioned his kid started at 18 months, my youngest started at 18 months to and its has had great results, she loves to go to school as well and the development rate is amazing, when I first heard about sending a kid to school/pre school at this age I thought it was crazy, but now I can see the good reasons behind it all, so start saving $$$$ mate,

A child deserves a better education than that is provided on Ko Samui. There will be few changes in the Thai education system in the next few years. Get them into a good school as thier future depends on it

Most certainly, any child of mine will be educated in Canada from Grade 5-6 onwards.. I am a teacher at what is considered one of the best schools in the country. Thais would consider it thier number one choice and I can tell you that Canada is much better and MUCH CHEAPER.. ie freeeeeeeeeeeeee

Jing Joe - at the tender age of 1 year and 41/2 months has just started "School".

In Aus it would be a kindy - 4000 baht a month including lunch.

Not bad value and a very very nice school - I say school also because they do teach up to grade 1 I think.

3-4 "Teachers" to about 10 kids seems the norm - which to me looks like a high ratio.

It has improved her motor skills a lot - so I'm happy.

Going to High school is a worry.

I don't care much about her 1 - 6 grades - I was at shit schools for that and did ok, but want her in a good high school. For the price of a day school in Thailand, I could send her to one of thebest boarding schools in Aus!!!!

The prices here are just too high IMO.

Stick had an article on this a few weeks ago which was interesting, apparently a few government schools are offering lessons in English.

JB

Archived