Real Madrid in BKK: Please Post Developments Here

frogpatrol

I read in the Posty today that Real Madrid is "95% ceratin" to come to Bangkok after their match in Malaysia. If anyone has any ticket or general information, as it comes available, could you kindly post here?

This is a match I would not want to miss for the star quality alone, and the likelihood of it taking place would seem rather good as Real immediately try to cash in on Beck's star power in Asia.

Thanks,

froggo

I have a news item that I don't have readily at hand but will get and post saying that Real Madrid will play because 'Arsenal, Chelsea & Inter' are backing off because of SARS.

I thought it was next year? Perhaps this news source got it twisted up.

I also wonder if more Real Madrid games will be shown in the kingdom now? la Liga is on Fox Sports World in the states but Real Madrid is rarely one of the games as they have their own tv rights contract and will only show so many games. A bad idea IMO if you want to build a fan base in America.

Also, Froggo and the rest of the Gooners, pretty soon after the transfers are in and we know who we're getting, I'd like to have your opinions on it.

Hi Chooco,

It's been a while...

Hope you are relaxing during the summer months, which so far (for the Gunners) has been characterized by lots of talk (Kluivert, Kewell, Emerton, Terry - nope, Stamm, Corboda, and so on) and no major signings.

Anyhow, if it happens, Madrid is for this year, August to be exact. And the Asian FA Cup with Bham, Chelsea, NCastle and Malaysia is very much on. So, the clubs do seem to be heading this way.

Cheers,

froggo

glad we can all get to talking about the beautiful game.

as you say talk,talk,talk about transfers.

what a crock of shit.

i love to read the papers and the stories and the bullshit.

i saw the headline thhat Kluivert was DEFINATELY bound for Highbury.

Barca wanted rid of him because of £160,000 a week wages!!!!!!!

how the fuck can they pay those wages when then have released Bergkamp on 3/4 less each week.

but as i say,paper talk.

the only thing i believe about transfers is when the players walk out on the pitch when the season starts.

The transfer fee is a great bargain. The reason why I don't think we'll see Kluivert in an Arsenal strip are his wage demands. He'll have to make more than 60 or 70k a week. We simply can't afford that. Sol makes 60k/week, I don't know how much Henry makes but it has to be making at least 50k/week or more, Vieira has reportedly signed for about 70k/week. The reason why didn't sign Kewell was because he wanted 70k/week. The scallies are willing to pay him that much so good luck to them. We need to reduce the wage bill further. Kanu is a must if we unlock his fingers from the substitutes bench at Highbury. Possibly Wiltord as well, maybe a few others.

Seems like Ronaldinho isn't coming to Old Trafford. I hope he doesn't as I think he would make a huge impact on the club. On the other hand I don't like Real Madrids actions. I read a Times story about a month ago that said that they are very adept negotiators and will buy players for no other reason than to keep a competitor from having him. Possibly the reason for going after Ron'ho. They have their quota of non EU players this year. I think they fear Man Utd in the CL. To be fair I think Man Utd were better than most of the clubs in the CL semi finals this year, certainly better than Juve and Inter and could definitely compete with Milan this year and if they weren't starry eyed in the first game could give Real Madrid a tough time. If Ron'ho had been going to a club that didn't have a chance to win the CL they would not have intervened.

As for us, I won't feel halfway secured till we get a proper center half. If nothing else that will do. I was impressed with Mexes in the Confed. Cup., for the money, he's the best we can do right now. Terry and Gallas are simply too expensive for us right now. I am also happy with Taylor in 'tween the posts but will concede he may be a year or two from a true #1. The attack could use tweaking, substituting Bergy out earlier this year once he drifts out of a game or just starting Wiltord and using him and Jeffers as substitutes.

PS: Hey Sayjann, how do you like the avatar? As you guys say I'm 'taking the piss' a little early this year.

"The reason why didn't sign Kewell was because he wanted 70k/week. The scallies are willing to pay him that much so good luck to them"

don't make me laugh,he has supported Liverpool for years.

even if Arsenal or Utd had offered a million pounds a week,he would never have signed.

it has been a dream of his to play for the club.

"Seems like Ronaldinho isn't coming to Old Trafford. I hope he doesn't as I think he would make a huge impact on the club"

i still do not understand all the sudden interest in him.

he plays in a poor French league and were there many accolades or stories about him last season?.

i don't remember many stories about him from last season where he won the game in a spectacular fashion,he done this,he done that.

all i seemed to hear was his fighting with the manager of PSG and refusing to play.

and if he is so brilliant,why was not all this spectulation going on after the WC?.

"They have their quota of non EU players this year"

i may be wrong and i apologise if i am,but i thought this rule went out the window years ago.

my local team has players from most places but the EU.

"PS: Hey Sayjann, how do you like the avatar? As you guys say I'm 'taking the piss' a little early this year"

cannot see it,everytime i log on,all avatars are blanked to me.

Says Sayjann:

don't make me laugh,he has supported Liverpool for years.

even if Arsenal or Utd had offered a million pounds a week,he would never have signed.

it has been a dream of his to play for the club.

Obviously no ambition then ::

On the EU subject, I think your right .. Went out of the window when the Maastricht Treaty or some other bit of paper came into force regarding free movement of labour within the EU. The only restrictions we have are for non EU players whereby they have to have played 70% ?? of all international games for their country in the last 3 years.

Cheers

K.

It was not revealed in the papers he was a boyhood fan of the Reds till he himself said so. Every news article sited his connection to n. London via his wife's family. Was it common knowledge he was a Liverpool supporter before he signed? Maybe so, all I could go by are news paper articles. He was too expensive for us IMO and our attack, although it could use a little tinkering, is still very good. It will be interesting if Houllier has finally found a suitable partner for Owen..and is this the end of Heskey? For 'Pool as well as England?

As for the non EU rule, I heard it on Fox Sports World here. I looked on the UEFA site and although I could not locate it in the regulatioins, there is an article in the archives about Serie A limiting non EU players and having a max amount of players, so logic would dictate that possibly la Liga has a similar ruling. I asked a footie board I am on, and the consensus is that la Liga has a 4 player max on non EU players but that is not confirmed. Ronaldo and Carlos are 2 that comes to mind immediately, there are probably others. I am trying to think of another plausible reason why RM would want Ronaldinho to wait a year. None has been offered, other than finances possibly.

I'm still hoping Ronaldinho doesn't end up at OT but I think it could happen. If he does come he may add a little excitement to and I may even start enjoying a little of the Man Utd games....a little ;)

Racha, don't count on Arsenal going into administration anytime soon..lol...we're too big to fail and too good to get relegated. ::

[quote=sayjann

cannot see it,everytime i log on,all avatars are blanked to me.

Go to the My Home

Main Configurations , click display preferences

Scroll to last three options at bottom , they should be in the "on" mode for you to see. ( i think :grinyes: )

BasaalwayshelpingBing :angel:

Archived