How long did it take you to find NEP

SingaporeSteve

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi SingaporeSteve,

Well, I have been coming to LOS for some 11 years now and still havent visited NEP, although I know where it is situated. But that was only after joining this board 2 years ago.

I dont think I have any plans about visiting the place either. But that leaves more to you guys! ::

Cheers

Hua Nguu.

I've heard that vendors pay 40,000 baht a year to set up a stall there. There were always vendors on Patpong -- peddling watches, t-shirts, paintings etc. But that huge night market started forming around 1992 or so.

Those two sois are private, so the Patpong family can block them to traffic and cause all the fire hazards they want. They are not public streets.

Thanks actually to the old board I about knew where NEP was and stayed at the Nana for my 1st LOS trip, where I FINALLY got to my hotel at about 0100:

I nearly ran out of the Nana Hotel upon arrival to get me a beer to celebrate I arrived alive (nearly 24 hours traveling ( 2 days no sleep), I was a wreck ). Saw the "opening" across the street and figured that had to be NEP - found it in about 2 seconds. Walked/staggered into Voodoo, just to get a beer, and shaZHAMM - life hasn't been the same since (thankfully).

Amazing difference for those "not of the Board" however, last trip made friends with guy at the same hotel who after many trips never been to anyplace other than the Beer Bars and another in Pattaya who after 4 trips never knew about Walking Street.

8 hrs from when I first touched down at Don Muang on that memorable day 5th december 1998.Within 1 hour of being there I was totally blown away.12hrs after that on awaking with a couple of darlings from the former Carousel a gogo I was totally hooked ::.It took 3 long years before I had the opportunity to get back there though :(.

Its strange how some dates stay in your mind forever :p!

Archived