How long did it take you to find NEP

SingaporeSteve

Hi there SingaporeSteve,

My first time was around 4 years ago now, and litteraly i found it by mistake :)

I was serfing on the net one day and i remember that a firend of mine went to Thailand a couple of years before, so i thought do a search and see what i can find out on the place.

I found the Full Moon Party site, and read everything there, and the fact that around 12'700 nutters bounce around a half mile beach all night really appealled to me.

From there once i had read everything on the site, i started clicking on links all over the place, and finally ended up at a site Called Thaipussy.Com, were they had a web board, and loads of photos of all the girls that were around at the time and photos of all the bars in the area.

I noiced that wehn ever i clicked on a photo, there would be the word NEP, so i thought what a strainge name for a place, so did a serch in Yahoo for it, and got a site that had loads of pics from the original building days right up to pressent day, ( a little bit like Stickman's Site.

I just could not beleave what i was reading and i had to find out more, so i went straight to my local Flight Center and got myself a ticket, then came home and booked my room online, the Nana Hotel that i knew was very near the action, hahahahahahah :)

I had only gone to Spain and France before, so this was going to be something compleetly new for me, so for the next 6 months i just read everything there was to know aboutt he place including getting alot of my original information from a guy on the Thaipussy web site, called BIG DOG. That guy was a really nice guy, but has dissapeard from the boards now probably never to be seen again, sob sob.

I finally make it to my hotel around 6pm and just could not beleave what i was seeing just across the road from me, talking about a kid in a candy store, hahahahahha.

I got my room and did the fastest shower & clothes change known to man, then headed to this wonderfull area, and from talking to people on the board, i new my first stop would have to be Woodstock were i met 15+ guys from this board including Sarisen.

It was just so fantastic, within 2 mins of walking into the bar, i had 15 new found friends and beer coming out of my ears, and all the jokes becouse i was a newbie, but was really cool and the meaning of life.

From there i have never looked back and now go to this wonderfull place every 6 months, and still wish i could do it more, hahhahahaha.

Cheers and thanks Roman

Ps, i feal really bouncy now after writting about my first time in NEP.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope that don't get kicked from the board, but I haven't been to NEP yet :o.

Acutally I found the board before my first trip to LOS last year and read a lot about NEP and SC, but I did not have any interest in visiting NEP. I stayed in a hotel next to SC and went there a few times during my ten days in BKK.

One reason that I never went to NEP was that I stayed with the first BG I met (a common occurrence for newbies it seems :cover:) in Tilac and later I only went a few times to SC to pay BF for the girl.

Surely I will go to NEP once, but it is not the favorite spot on my list for my next trip to LOS. :hubba: :angel:

Inconcievable! Comming to LOS and not knowing of Nana. Before my first trip I did a bit of research which is how I learned of nana and soi cowboy. It has to be said it was good old Stickmans site that was fundamental in my LOS education.

Ironic really, when you consider that since Stickman wrote his stuff on the nightlife his views have completely changed about the scene. I'd bet that piece he wrote has been responsable for many more people turning up at Nana over the years.

a toast, to Sticks naughty nightlife section..

:beer:

You guys won't believe this either. Must've been my 4th trip. 1st trip was one of those "adventure" tours. Visited Patpong, wasn't impressed so left the nightlife alone. 2nd trip = Phuket... met a girl and all that stuff. 3rd trip was spent with her.

All I saw of NEP was the Friday night Woodstock meeting that time. Incidently I had read ALL of Stick's site before the first trip even.

What was I thinking?? That said, I don't seem to play the butterfly role that well. Just go to the bars with the lads, or the odd beerbar for a few.. well... beers.

You won't believe this either but I found it minutes into my first trip, in 1994, when I accidentally chose to stay at the Nana Hotel. Honest. :angel: The plane was literally descending into Bangkok when I thought, "I suppose I should really find a place to stay", opened the guidebook and chose Nana Hotel at random. From Nana Hotel, you can't really miss it, can you? So I had a shower, some grub and checked it out that first night.

There was still the restaurant and a travel agent at the ground level then and, as yet, no bar-beers in the centre. (I can't imagine it now without the centre! :dunno:)

Let me think, we landed and we were at the Dusit Thani around 1 pm, shower and little nap, little food at the coffee shop and we were getting out at the front door around 8 pm and ask the doorman where to go for nightlife but he misunderstand "nightlife" because we were asking for discos or a place for live music and he understand nightlife to chase women.

He said to us that a good place would be Nana Plaza, did not heard about that place before so up in a taxi we go there.

Now you should have seen the 2 farangs jaws drop on the floor when we arrive in the plaza :eek:

Nothing had prepare us for that sight.

Few hour later we were trying to bring back 2 ladies to the Dusit Thani but learn soon an off that there is no joiner fees there because you can't bring a lady of the night there.

So about 30 minutes later we were at a short time hotel name Penthouse.

It came has a surprise for us because we did not came in Thailand for that kind of nightlife but we fell in it just a few hours after hitting the tarmac at Don Muang. :doah:

here was a bar/restaurant on the ground floor near to where Voodo is now that catered for the Arab types ...... I seem to remember a restaurant that sold Fallafles and such

The Arab place closed down in about 1995 or 1996 and was then changed to Voodoo. The guy's wife kept a small chicken gyro stand at the entrance to the plaza until Big Dogs opened and she left in about 2001. The man opened a small restaurant in Pattaya in the Arab section close to the Marine Hotel, but I haven't seen him there for the last few years.

The Matterhorn was the other place, where I believe Red Lips GoGo is now located.

Cheers!

...including getting alot of my original information from a guy on the Thaipussy web site, called BIG DOG. That guy was a really nice guy, but has dissapeard from the boards now probably never to be seen again, sob sob.

Romaning,

I last saw Big dog on the thai falang board (on Delphi) about a year ago. He had changed his handle to Kanismajer. You could check there if you want to get in touch.

Cheers,

soongmak

Archived