If I want to sample thai culture...

racer55

Greetings all. First time poster but lurking for months now. I'm coming on my second trip in August and would like to sample a little thai culture...soooo trivial pursuit question #1...If one is staying in Bangkok and Pattaya what are nearby interesting spots or cities to visit to experience a little thai life and culture(and give me photos other than me 'n BG's to take back). For example I really got a lot more out of the River market in Bangkok than I did the Grand Palace. Any other tidbits of interest out there?????

My second question will be rec'd blowjob bars in Pattaya?

Thanks in advance ::

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

your second question makes it hard to transfer to Arts and Culture. 2 different topics indeed.

1) hard to sample thai culture outside of Pattaya if you don't have transporation. Lost of family-related sights and parks within a 15 miles radius. When you go there, pick up a lot of the free fanzines like "explore Pattaya" or go to the tourist office half the way on Buddha hill (pratamnak Rd).

2) soi 6, soi yodsak too, i believe.

The best way to sample the culture of a country is eat the food and screw the women :o

All kidding aside, you should try to find a friendly lass to take you around for a few days. She may not be an expert on arts and hirtory, but whe will certainly help you get around and provide good company while you enjoy the sites.

to the first question i gave some comments in Arts and Culture section

to the second: beside the mentioned Soi 6/Yodsak there are a couple of BJ bars in Soi Praisanee/Postoffice (Soi 13/1 i believe)

and to the ones that can not match thai culture and pattaya: a good blowjob is part of thai culture and combined with some skills and passion it can become art!

and to the ones that can not match thai culture and pattaya: a good blowjob is part of thai culture and combined with some skills and passion it can become art!

--------------------------------

It would be interesting what makes a BJ thai or not. Anyway, time to transfer this to Arts and culture, not that what you just said inspired me to do so in itself ;).

PTY127: A humble apology. As you can see I posted the basic question twice due to the fact that I thought my first post got lost in space. When in fact it was just moved. Sorry for the duplication.

Jitagawn: are the cities you mentioned within a 1/2 hour taxi ride from Pattaya? If so which one is the most interesting to you?

Instead got to Ayuthia-Chiang Saen, Loiueee

-----------------------------------

none of them are close to Pattaya. Ayutthaya is about 75kms north of BKK, old capital and its ruins, Chiang Saen in on the Mekong river, way up there facing Laos, nothing exciting but a good place to start roaming around the Golden Triangle. Loei is kind of way out there in the montains between the north and the north-east.

I agree with the person who said the best cultural experience you can have in Pattaya is to have a TGF, BG/freelancer, with whom you spend time and learns tons about thainess. If you drive or ride a moped, once you are outside of Pattaya, one the other side of the freeway, there are plenty of little villages where you can sample a bit of thai life, and experience the kindness of thais. If you are lucky, you may run into a temple fair, a weekly market, a monks ordination ceremony, etc....

"All kidding aside, you should try to find a friendly lass to take you around for a few days. She may not be an expert on arts and hirtory, but whe will certainly help you get around and provide good company while you enjoy the sites."

If you by this mean a girl from the nightlife, I would suggest getting to know the person first before bringing her along in the daytime. If she is the wrong character, you will be bored and annoyed by endless efforts to get to your wallet...

It can be an expensive, useless guide to bring along.. But if you meet the right person it can be fun.

Cheers!

What about Kamphaeng Phet.

A big day trip but culture galore IMO.

A very important provence .

Established during reign of 4th king Cha kang Rao and Nakhon Chum.

350 k from BKK.

Wat Phrathat second largest monastery located within the city wall...just east of Wat Phra Kaeo.

Also behind here is the museum..open 9-4 daily(not Mondays) about 15 thb to enter.

Also National parks to enjoy. Mae Wong national park/Khlong Lan Park etc.

Waterfalls (namtok Khlong nam Lai (Pang Kwai).

Hot springs and so on.

Festivals....Mini banana Festival..sept-oct yearly.

Worth a visit ...and culture and great people ..again IMHO.

Archived