If I want to sample thai culture...

racer55

define "thai culture" please?

pattaya and such are in many ways a lot more relevant to todays thai culture than some temple ruins of a few centuries ago.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If she is the wrong character, you will be bored and annoyed by endless efforts to get to your wallet

-------------------------------

Seriously, i though your sentence would end up with "efforts to do nothing, stay in the room and sleep".

Lately, I have had a few travel reports from friends who had GFS from the P4P, so it is still my contention that the greed thing is over-rated in these pages. Most girls follow along without being too annoying in that $$ dept.

pattaya and such are in many ways a lot more relevant to todays thai culture than some temple ruins of a few centuries ago.

------------------------------

Fly, that was beautiful! thanks to give credit to my good ol' P. Yeah, i know you meant no compliment, but thanks the same ;) ::!

well, yeah, people always like to use that word "culture" without realising that culture is a thing very much alive around us. pattaya has a huge relevance to today's culture in thailand. if one likes the place or not is irrelevant in that aspect.

if one would ask me on what i would suggest on a thai culture experience tour:

pattaya

klong toey slum

a fashion show

a normal upcountry village

a refugee camp along the border

vinmanmaek palace

jim thompson house

a thai caffee (with the mor lam or paeng look tung singers)

all relatively easy accessible.

Yeeeehaw!! Thanks to you gents I've now got a list of sights to ponder between diddling the ladies.

It seems as we are on the same page. I had a BG take me around last time and it was enjoyable. Even if her definition of cultural sights was the crocodile farm and elephant rides. I guess I can't be too judgemental for a gal with a sixth grade education. Here's looking foward to what sights unfold before me on my upcoming visit to LOS through the visions of another firm assed, honey skinned, 1200bht per day BG tour guide. At least this timne I have some input on our destinations.

Flyw: Thanks for the additional listings. I just checked the weather 95 degrees and 90% humidity :: and hope I can tear away myself from the a/c in the gogo's to checkout my intended sights.

Seriously, i though your sentence would end up with "efforts to do nothing, stay in the room and sleep".

Lately, I have had a few travel reports from friends who had GFS from the P4P, so it is still my contention that the greed thing is over-rated in these pages. Most girls follow along without being too annoying in that $$ dept.

Well P127 - it was just meant to say be careful who you pick as a tour guide and what you expect. Might end up touring MBK instead of temples and sights if not aware of that!

About most girls, well it depends on skills to pick out the right ones! A newbee to to Thailand does not necessarily have that.

Apart from that, I agree. I do not think the majority are like it, but certainly enough to warn about it

Cheers!

Says
:neener:
:

Thai culture Samak....

You have to get out of BKK

my dear torney; i have been to Khamphaeng Phet; more than once. but could not find more than a lot of sugar cane fields and ruins of a old temple, which can not match the beauty of nearby Sukhothai!

i have been to the majority of Changwats, my dear torney. in north thailand with the exception of Nan everywhere; in Isaarn just Nakhorn Phanom and Sakhorn Nakhorn still on the to do list

what about you? :neener:

Archived