Am I getting a good deal (Brisbane - Jakarta) ?

gobbledonk

Thanks, Adik, but given todays events I am now looking to a slightly more downmarket hotel than the Shangri-La. Not sure if it will help, but staying somewhere less salubrious may be a wiser move.

I will PM yourself and couple of the other Indo-regulars closer to the date, with a view to getting together for a beer at some stage. I'll be wearing a Wallabies jumper, an Akubra hat and thongs :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me again, guys, but I promise that this is my LAST query !

The travel agent has given me 3 more great choices, all close in terms of price, and I wanted to know which you felt was the most central etc :

Mandarin Oriental

Gran Melia

Sheraton Media

I dont like the sound of the last one in terms of my desire to remain 'low-profile' :)

She hasnt come back to me with a quote on the Grand Hyatt yet, but I am thinking that 'Hyatt' sounds almost as American as 'Marriott'.

Thanks again.

I am worried that if I leave it any longer, and things do get worse, I will talk myself out of it completely. The other side of the coin is that the media may not get the big bang they are hoping for, and prices could go back to 'normal'. The prices quoted on the web pages for the hotels above tell me that I am getting a very good deal, and I dont want to be kicking myself in 3 months time. I am actually more concerned that Garuda may run into financial difficulty, but thats a reality for virtually every major airline in the world post 9/11.

Worst case scenario is that things will go totally pear-shaped and I'll lose my deposit - I can live with that.

Archived