3,500 Baht/month ?

Hi Jasmine,

You may be right, and that is why I posted here, but I am sure of the hours she puts in. The baht amount is only what she says. Cannot verify that. She may be lying, but has no Uni schooling, either.

A side note to Rayong girl...I'm chatting with her now, and boss has just told her she must work both weekend days, and late, at that. Last night was there til 11:30pm, and was told to expect the same for the weekend. She is very ready to quit, and will call in sick Monday, to take bus to BKK for a job interview she arrainged on the internet. It's on Silom. So her hours are pretty exstreme, as well. But she is getting 9,300. Just a little lower than her BKK counterparts (Uni-grad secretary).

HT

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"]I'm chatting with her now, and boss has just told her she must work both weekend days, and late, at that. Last night was there til 11:30pm, and was told to expect the same for the weekend. She is very ready to quit, and will call in sick Monday, to take bus to BKK for a job interview she arrainged on the internet. It's on Silom. So her hours are pretty exstreme, as well. But she is getting 9,300. Just a little lower than her BKK counterparts (Uni-grad secretary).

[/color]

I understand about working long hours. For the past 13 months, I have put in average 50 hrs./week plus 26 hrs. of the commute, mind you, my position never have overtime pay. Not that I don't have empathy for these Thais, I do, but these people are just like many others with long hours. Grant it, I defenitely make more but the long hours are just about the same.

Good news for me, I am back to my home office, for how long I don't know but 55 min. drive sure beats the 2.7 hr. one way commute.

Cheers!

Archived