3,500 Baht/month ?

I think this is the way of the world, in the west we are very lucky. In UK employers can ride rough shod to an extent ( unlike Europe and Australia) however where the employer is blatantly exploiting you would receive legal aid to get your money...

In Thailand it must be so frustrating for those at the bottom of the pile, eeking out a living on 4000 baht a month, being screwed out of last month wages...

However it is up to the individual to pull themselves up.

If I was an itinerant Thai, say from Issan I would become a cabbie, work when I want, own boss, tips and other benefits...

Avoid having kids, try not to drink that much.....

STH

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one is a girl who constantly sleeps with veritable strangers for money, and the other is a girl who will live a poor life with little material goods, in order to be proud, and respect who she, and her family, is.

when a bg sends baht home, she is also "proud and respects who she, and her family, is".

When i first saw the title of this thread, i thought you found a girl who would take 3500 baht a month to be your gf. I was ready to dump mine and sign up. :drunk:

Than we find out she has 'integrity', so that won't fly. Be interested to know what this girl thinks of a TG who goes with a farang (or thai) for baht. What if a tg made 3500baht in one night and sent the money to her family, would this internet girl say the tg has no integrity? Just curious.

Many of the cab drivers are from Issan and they donot make much money500B day rent plus gas,plus police bribes,12 hr shifts.Some days they are lucky to break even.

The education system in this country teaches them not to think,not to question,to stay exploitable by the rich ruling classes.It seems that most all the unconnected people are only allowed to make a certain amount of money from businesses with the overages skimmed away by the powerful.The rich will stay rich and the poor will never get rich legally.....Best Regards,Stan

Whatever the job is looked down on by the main society, it is still a job. No street of shame for them, they are "going to work", as simple as that.

Is that true - BGs feel no shame about their occupation? alot don't want to become bgs but financial needs win out, and maybe they feel shame. Others, like my gf seem to have no sign of self consciousness whatsoever, but even she does not talk about her (former?) work where she now lives.

BGs are less attractive as potential wives which must affect their esteem. Maybe shame is not the right word, but when out of the scene i don't here too many talking about last nights big payday.

Could be they just know when to keep quiet but feel fine inside.

OTOH, damage is being done so i can't see that everything is fine inside. :banghead:

Says MaiLuk:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

Whatever the job is looked down on by the main society, it is still a job. No street of shame for them, they are "going to work", as simple as that.

Could be they just know when to keep quiet but feel fine inside.

OTOH, damage is being done so i can't see that everything is fine inside. :banghead:

The girl I was seeing seemed fine with what she did, except for some times late at night when she cracked and whispered things like ? Sometimes AF I cry? Sometimes I hide the phone so my mamasan can not hear I not pick it up .. Sometimes it hurts?.

She soon got a grip on her self .. and did not want to talk more about it .. but she definitely was not ?fine? with what she did.

Guess showing a soft side don?t get you far in that business.

The education system in this country teaches them not to think,not to question,to stay exploitable by the rich ruling classes.

-------------------------

always bears repeating, and added with the family system that just has a girl married to a guy by the time she is 16 or 17, ahve a kid, quick, quick, quick, and be rarely warned it's putting the cart before the oax, especially when the oax goes out binging or stays home, lazying around. Even when he is a good man, this is all done in reverse (still talking about the poorer)....

but even she does not talk about her (former?) work where she now lives.

-------------------------------

yeah, you will never see me saying they have so much pride about their "job" that they wish the whole wide world to learn about it. But bear in mind, that in thai society, very few women are appreciated for their personality and intellect. So that even a non-working girl must feel a bit ear-marked as available meat, for her gender at times. IMO

Says HIGH THAIED:

Comparatively, one is a girl who constantly sleeps with veritable strangers for money, and the other is a girl who will live a poor life with little material goods, in order to be proud, and respect who she, and her family, is.

I wonder how her "integrity" would change in your eyes if she became knocked up, then a single mother and then soon after lost her job and her home sleeping on the shop floor, yet still felt compelled to send money back to the family by any means within her abilities, which may mean her doing illegal or ilicit activities?

Sorry JJ, but I just am not one to be building statues of B/G's with halo's over their heads. Most B/G's are very fun, and can have warm hearts at times, but they are not on my 'high respect' list, as far as a group of people goes.

No one is building statues but you seem bent on tearing down the straw scarecrows. Interesting you say that BG's are fun and all but not high on your "respect list". Must be a pretty short list and then again I would have to surmise that you must not highly respect yourself either seeing that you have/are/do participate in the P4P scene.

There is a saying about stones and glass houses.

I'm not going down the road here about GTG vs. prostitute....been done enough here. But as far as the girl hauling concrete every day for peanuts.....she will always have my respect for doing without the mobile phone and jewelry, in order for her to feel good about herself. Same as I have respect for a married man coming to LOS, and remaining faithful to his wife.

Thais is not about GTG vs BG this is about you stating that because a woman chooses to earn3500bt a month sleep on a floor and work 20hrs a day instead of choosing a life of prostitution she must therefore have more integrity and such. I fail to see how one can have more integrity because of the profession they choose. You would have to know the individual, their background, thought, hopes, dreams etc to make such an assessment.

Are we to say that every doctor that works in the Peace Corp is a saint and every doctor in private practice is a money grubbing asshole? How about techers that chose to teach in private vs public schools do they have more integrity?

Don't you think it is wiser to base integrity and respect on the individual and their circumstances rather than purely on their occupation and income?

Says MaiLuk:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

Quite a few BGs are not, and want much more. Who knows why one must have more. Does the relentless desire for more say something about integrity? I think it does, the relentless BG has less integrity.

The difference here is that you are adding a qualifier to your statement. You use the term "relentless" to categorize a type of BG. Whereas I merely just said BG. Now are all BG's in relentless pusuit of baht or do they merely work to take care of their needs such as the internet girl?

The real point that needs to be made is that unless you know an individual personally you cannot make gross generalizations about things such as integrity.

Archived