3,500 Baht/month ?

Hi JJ,

You seem bent on taking everything to absolutes. I never said, or implied, that all B/G's are bad, and all non-B/G's are good. I said that I have a high respect for the ones who reject whoring themselves out for money, even though are in dire need of it. It's my opinion, and the way I feel.

Don't stretch that out to imply I despise all B/G's. That's ridiculous, and pure conjecture, on your part.

>>>>I fail to see how one can have more integrity because of the profession they choose.<<<<

I don't.

HT

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it does, the relentless BG has less integrity

---------------------------------------

Depends. Why should a BG working relentlessly have less integrity. Sure, someone always looking for a buck to make may not have always integrity, but it's hardly the case for BGs only. As JJ says, all in the person.

Says HIGH THAIED:

Hi JJ,

You seem bent on taking everything to absolutes. I never said, or implied, that all B/G's are bad, and all non-B/G's are good. I said that I have a high respect for the ones who reject whoring themselves out for money, even though are in dire need of it. It's my opinion, and the way I feel.

Don't stretch that out to imply I despise all B/G's. That's ridiculous, and pure conjecture, on your part.

>>>>I fail to see how one can have more integrity because of the profession they choose.<<<<

I don't.

HT

I am not talking absolutes you are. You made the BG comparison I did not. You use the term integrity in the determination of a persons professional choice. You say BG's are fun and such but the girl who choses not to prostitute herself and live on 3500bt per month sleeeping on a shop floor has more integrity. You said that her choice of life is an eye opener for you in comparison of a BG. You made an absolute comparison I did not.

I personally think it is ridiculous to determine a person's integrity based on their profession.

Integrity is basically a measure of personal moral soundness or adhering to a strong personal ethical code. The key word is "PERSONAL".

A prostitute can have integrity, mafiso and so can a drug dealer. Profession is not a measure of personal integrity.

Your respect for a person and your judgement of their profession is one thing but to say that a person such as your friend has more integrity than a BG is pure bullocks because that is not how integrity is defined. "Respect", yes. "Integrity", no.

A girl can value the family unit and feel that there is her duty and obligation to ensure that they family is provided for by whatever means she has at her disposal.

I personally know 3 sisters 2 who are prostitutes and they do whatever they can to ensure that the family which lives in BKK is provided for which also includes that the 3rd and youngest sister attends a decent BKK university. Their personal integrity makes sure that the 6 family members in BKK are fed, clothed, housed and educated even though they have to be prostitutes to do it.

Don't get in a huff about me building up prostitutes or misunderstanding you or attacking your opinion. I am merely providing an alternative point to your statement which I believe to be false by defenition of the word "integrity".

:beer:

Says pattaya127:

I think it does, the relentless BG has less integrity

---------------------------------------

Depends. Why should a BG working relentlessly have less integrity. Sure, someone always looking for a buck to make may not have always integrity, but it's hardly the case for BGs only. As JJ says, all in the person.

Exactly. There seems to be this misunderstanding by some that people who work for money do not have "integrity" especially if they desire more money.

Pure nonsense.

Maybe some should look at not "WHAT" people do for their money but instead "WHY" people do what they do for money. Motivation is what is important not occupation.

I personally measure the integrity of someone by their willingness to be truthful both to me and themselves!

Now after saying that,I was wondering why tjis thread turned into a discussion about integrity?

Best Regards,Stan

>>>In Thailand it must be so frustrating for those at the bottom of the pile, eeking out a living on 4000 baht a month, being screwed out of last month wages...<<<

Don't put all the blame on employers. Thais, especially from the north and north-east tend to just leave their job without notice, or asking for a few days off to see a sick relative and then just not returning. They don't like to confront their employer when they want to leave. Its one of the reasons many employers ask for a security deposit (to be returned after several month of faithfull employement.

Many companies that I know have this problem of constantly having to hire and train new staff for this reason alone. Some companies have a 30 percent turnover of staff each month and its not because of lousy pay. Time for rice harvest and off they all go, taking longer than allowed etc. etc.

Many TG's nowadays end up in bars because they (and their parents) see another BG in the village with a farang BF who has bought a nice house for the family and basically supporting them, but not improving the family's income potential. Many of these TG's look at that and think (a bit pushed here and there by closest family members), I should get a rich farang who can get us a nice house.

Thailand is a very materialistic society. unless well bred it all comes down to how much (not all but most of them). How often do we see, when a Thai has bought something, others immediately asking how much did it cost. And looking in awe when the price is high. Nice or usefull is not important, its the price that counts and the higher the better it's got to be.

Most BG's in the farang oriented places do IMO have alternatives. They were not poor to the fact that they can not feed or cloth themselves. They see the riches around them and want it too, and fast. Well no way to get that doing daytime work if your education level is only a few years. A farang who can provide all that in a whim is a very good option to many of them and farang oriented bar are the places to meet them if you're not beautiful enough for the upmarket Thai scene.

Do they feel shame at what they do. IMO yes, most of them do, although several that have been there for many years probably don't care anymore. Still once some time in the farang scene its very very difficult for them to return to the mainstream of Thai society, unless they've done very well financially and buy themselves back in.

As an example of my previous post

A little while back I met a girl (Issarn), well dressed and reasonable good looking. She spoke very polite Thai and some english and told me she worked at a major company earning just over 10,000 baht a month. she had a Bachelor's degree in Marketing.

Later I found out that she had quit that nicve job some time ago and was working in an upstairs joint in PP. When I met her again I asked her about it. She "confessed" and said that doing that made her much more. She was taken out nightly and made more than 30K a month. Her previous job did not pay enough for her luxury lifestyle. She liked everything designer, latest mobile phone etc. When I asked if the 30K was enough for that she said no, but she would just ask the farang to buy it and most would do.

Asked if she would quit the bar, she said yes but only if a rich guy would take her and allow her to shop for whatever.

JJ......While I'd love to discuss this with you, this is not the place. I'll start an "integrity" thread, so this one can continue. ::

Oranandoes.......I have much the same view as you, in general terms, and is how I see the scene, also.

HT

to many of them and farang oriented bar are the places to meet them if you're not beautiful enough for the upmarket Thai scene.

-------------------------------------------

Now, come on, Oran! Your post was right on, but this beauty thing, been over-argued here, and no point has been proven.

There are a lot of cute, beautiful thai women everywhere in the nightlife, if we don't talk from prejudices

Asked if she would quit the bar, she said yes but only if a rich guy would take her and allow her to shop for whatever.

------------------------------------

we can also think of a girl working 9 to 5, or even a spoiled brat meeting a generous farang (heck, a rich thai too, why not?) and looking forward to his constant generosity. She would not even have to enter the nightlife. But that's my point: let's not talk too much about integrity in LOS, as far as the genral population. i prefer honesty, and nothing tells me that the girl at the end of a guy's willing generosity is dishonest. IMO

Archived