3,500 Baht/month ?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the risk of stating the obvious, attitudes about tipping depend on which farangland we came from.

I've seen my tg tip 100 baht (with my money ::), than in a similar scene not tip at all (with my money :down: ). IMO for visitors, just give the tray with change to whatever girl your with watch and learn. Ex pats should tip the same as thais and not worry about the relative buying power etc. Sooner or later you'll help out a thai with some big baht or get ripped off :D either way you will have earned some merit ::

Meanwhile everyone in the bar swills back your days wages every 20 minutes.

Well said. Most of the time i'm not sitting around worrying what thais think.

I do have some disjointed memories tho of being shit faced drunk and music screaming, a bgfriend's arms around me while I/she order endless rounds, a 2000baht check bin. Then i see the young dek serve's ugly face watching us, something feels caught in my throat and i know fate is real.

It's not clear from what you've said that this 3,500 is her ONLY income. There may be another financial relationship with somebody, such as the owner of the shop, she isn't telling you about. Paying a low salary on the books, with extra under the table somehow, is a common way to avoid taxes.

Once I asked a bar girl why she'd become a prostitute. She broke down in tears asking why I'd called her a prostitute! The term seems to have a very narrow definition in Thailand.

What she said may be true or not, but there may also be other stuff she's not saying. I'd be suspicious (obviously).

Once I asked a bar girl why she'd become a prostitute. She broke down in tears asking why I'd called her a prostitute! The term seems to have a very narrow definition in Thailand

Just a small insight here. Most girls working in GoGos, Beer Bars etc. do not consider themselves prostitutes. They consider prostitutes only those girls who work in Brothels, 99% Thai brothels. The primary difference, as they se it, it that a prostitute has no choice about going with a customer, while she does. She can say no, which a prostitute can not.

It also gives reason for them (at least in the times past) not to discuss money in advance. While the act may be the same, the way of getting there, and the indulgences on both parties are different.

Please try not to demean them in there own minds. They will respond to you much better. :beer:

Honestly what way can you comparatively have different levels of respect for your internet friend and a girl who is a prostitute?

I really don't see the connection for a person having more respect and integrity because she chooses to sleep on a shop floor and live her life in an internet shop for 3500bt a day instead of prostituting.

Did you ever consider that your friends "utils" are satisfied and she is quite content with her lot?

I think the last sentence above states the difference. The 3500 baht girl is satisfied/happy or whatever word should be used.

Quite a few BGs are not, and want much more. Who knows why one must have more. Does the relentless desire for more say something about integrity? I think it does, the relentless BG has less integrity.

The farang professional in relentless pursuit of baht also has less integrity than the 3500baht girl (many here fall into this category me included). I'm generalizing I know.

The difference here is that we know some facts about HTs girl and can compare it to what we know about a large number of BGs.

There are also BGs out there who have the same integrity as 3500baht girl, since someone always wants statistics I would say not millions. :grinyes:

Hi Mailuk,

I gotta agree.

>>>>Honestly what way can you comparatively have different levels of respect for your internet friend and a girl who is a prostitute?<<<<<

Comparatively, one is a girl who constantly sleeps with veritable strangers for money, and the other is a girl who will live a poor life with little material goods, in order to be proud, and respect who she, and her family, is.

Sorry JJ, but I just am not one to be building statues of B/G's with halo's over their heads. Most B/G's are very fun, and can have warm hearts at times, but they are not on my 'high respect' list, as far as a group of people goes.

I'm not going down the road here about GTG vs. prostitute....been done enough here. But as far as the girl hauling concrete every day for peanuts.....she will always have my respect for doing without the mobile phone and jewelry, in order for her to feel good about herself. Same as I have respect for a married man coming to LOS, and remaining faithful to his wife.

Of course that also means I have absolutly no respect for myself, or all the other whoremongers here. We are a very, very sad lot. ::

HT

Hi,

>>>>>>It's not clear from what you've said that this 3,500 is her ONLY income. There may be another financial relationship with somebody, such as the owner of the shop, she isn't telling you about. Paying a low salary on the books, with extra under the table somehow, is a common way to avoid taxes.<<<<<<<

I just don't know. But she says CANNOT spend over 40 baht/day for food, so obviously has every satang down to a science. Also says she never buys for herself, because family will always come first. I did ask if she was the owner, and she said, "No, I not owner. I only employee. If I store own, my life be happy much very". :)

HT

Most girls working in GoGos, Beer Bars etc. do not consider themselves prostitutes.

--------------------------------

and they do not care too much to be called that either, for the same reason that you and i know: they are working, for them, a legitimate job (even if they started scared and naive). This is what many guys here, don't understand, drawing a line between GTGs resisting the temptation and BGs. Whatever the job is looked down on by the main society, it is still a job. No street of shame for them, they are "going to work", as simple as that.

Then we can go on about a society where selling your company is a rather well-organized industry, but way off-topic here.

The story could well be true. There?s not much Thais Love Thais in the job market. My ex BGGF, now married in Europe, first worked for a pittance in a sweatshop factory in Bangkok making those polystyrene covers that prevent fruit from bruising. Then she ?upgraded? to a supermarket job. That was the last straw that drove her down to Pattaya. The owner made her pay 1,500 up front for uniforms to secure the job on a 3,000 baht/mth salary, which would be refunded after 3 months service. Once she was working there she discovered that the owner routinely fires girls after 2.5 months to avoid the refund. Sure enough?it happened to her too. I said why don?t Thais fight back. I?d put a brick through his f**ing plate glass window in the middle of the night if that stunt were pulled on me. She said police come take me. Owner have more money than me to pay police.

One other thing that baffles me is why Thais seem to work for monthly salaries. Why not weekly? If there?s a scam operating, they?d smell a rat sooner.

At least when a BG contracts to provide a service for a farang like me, I treat her well, I pay well, and I pay cash promptly as agreed. I must be a reasonable employer, because I get phone calls every afternoon from girls who want to come over for ST.

If the Thai government wants to end sex tourism, it shouldn?t resort to legislation and closing bars early. Restrictions simply engender further corruption to bend the rules. It should do what Singapore has done? end government and police corruption (they appear to have done so in S?pore, anyway??), raise the standard of living (S?pore has most definitely done that), provide well paid employment ,education, and care for its population. I first visited Stinkypore 30 years ago, when it was backpacker paradise down Bencoolen St? cheap slum lodging, cheap food.. albeit with rat infested open sewers. Now it?s most defintely 1st world. I wouldn?t dream of going there for sanuk?can?t afford it, others can maybe?. far cheaper in Australia.

Sorry, hope I haven?t drifted too far off topic.

Chok dee krap :beer:

Archived