I never knew this!!

bangkokbutcher

Sexual relationships between Vietnamese and westerners within Vietnam are not permitted either, in that it's against the law for couples to stay the night together in the same room if they are not married. Ok not exactly the same thing, but nevertheless. :angel::doah:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Minuman:

Sexual relationships between Vietnamese and westerners within Vietnam are not permitted either, in that it's against the law for couples to stay the night together in the same room if they are not married. Ok not exactly the same thing, but nevertheless.
:angel::doah:

Even more gobsmacking :: ::

Just as well that myself and Statesman ducked out of our assignations in Apocalypse Now. Not that the Rex was having any of it. Even when I tried to hire another room.

Good place that though (Apocalypse Now) - good music as well.

You've gotta love Vietnam.

Yep - Oakenfold. And Pablo Gargano (old but class). The garden was a great retreat from the floor and the waitress service isn't something I'm used to! I reckon that there's something for most people in that place. Only criticism (well, observation) is the small dance floor.

Sexual relationships between Vietnamese and westerners within Vietnam are not permitted either, in that it's against the law for couples to stay the night together in the same room if they are not married.

This also true in China. Also illegal for foreigner, including foreign Chinese, to stay in unapproved accomadations, or to be on the street after 10 PM.

My Chinese g/f was scared silly if I stayed at her place overnight.

This also true in China. Also illegal for foreigner, including foreign Chinese, to stay in unapproved accomadations, or to be on the street after 10 PM.

Does anybody really care or enforce this law? I don't think so at least not in the big urban areas.

let me try to play devil's advocate here now (for a change :: )...

one thing i see is that it might be some kind of attempt to try to avoid to make another sextourism destination out of laos. yeah, of course, i know, it won't work, and in case of two people genuinly loving each other it will make hell out of their life. and i also know that laos is already a destination for chinese sextourists.

but personally, i would be sickened if i would see that country turning into another huge brothel for richer nation's sexually frustrated surplus males.

i mean, there is not much what is possibly going to change that in thailand, indonesia is coming up strong as well, and about cambodia we don't need to discuss anymore either. and no, i am not some christian fundamentalist - i do accept that prostitution is a fact of life and fullfills an important social function. nevertheless, i wish that sextourism thing could be kept contained in already existing artificial constructs such as pattaya is, and that the rest of the countries would not see those hords of oversexed neandertals.

Archived