I never knew this!!

bangkokbutcher

i wish that sextourism thing could be kept contained in already existing artificial constructs such as pattaya is, and that the rest of the countries would not see those hords of oversexed neandertals.

'oversexed neandertals'. :hubba: Never thought of that before. :grinyes::beer:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/oversexed

Definition: [adj] having excessive sexual desire or appeal

http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/Neanderthal

Definition:

1. [n] extinct robust human of Middle Paleolithic in Europe and western Asia

2. [adj] ill-mannered and coarse and contemptible in behavior or appearance; "was boorish and insensitive"; "the loutish manners of a bully"; "her stupid oafish husband"; "aristocratic contempt for the swinish multitude"

3. [adj] relating to or belonging to or resembling Neanderthal man; "Neanderthal skull"

::

"Sexual relationships between Vietnamese and westerners within Vietnam are not permitted either, in that it's against the law for couples to stay the night together in the same room if they are not married. Ok not exactly the same thing, but nevertheless"

Hotels in Vietnam have different policies on this, and its not as strict as before. But its true what you say. When booking a room my fiancee always checks on this and we have not had any problems finding rooms in HCMC and HaNoi.

But whats very difficult is to live in same apartment as a Viet. For this, you need a special permit as a foreigner.

Cheers!

LHL,

In the 2 weeks I spent in China last year, I was never once challenged on either of these points (10pm curfew nor 'fraternisation'). Given that I found myself in a Police station at 11pm with my GF after my wallet was stolen, explaining to the cop that we were staying at a hotel downtown, I suspect that might have been an ideal time for him to read me the riot act. To the contrary, he could not have seemed less interested in the fact that I was clearly a lawbreaker of major proportions. Had she been wearing a fluoro mini, 8 inch heels and 3 inches of makeup, things may have been diffierent.

I suspect that they only use these laws when they need to (e.g. to discourage expats from turning Shenzhen into a place of ill-repute (lol!) ). Far better that the working girls ply their trade among the locals.

• 4 weeks later...

"Sexual relationships between Vietnamese and westerners within Vietnam are not permitted either, in that it's against the law for couples to stay the night together in the same room if they are not married. Ok not exactly the same thing, but nevertheless. "

I will just add to this post with my recent experience.

I have a son who was born in HaNoi the 18th June. And as the poster says, sexual relationships between a foreigner and a Viet is not allowed unless you are married.

Its pretty much a sleeping law, my fiancee did not know of this either. The result?? We have to marry to get my name as a dad on my sons birth certificate. Its not a case of proof of parenthood, I have offered blood tests and God knows what.

We were told if we started the process before married it can take 6 months, we admit to breaking the law and no guarentee of result and a lot of money.

My fiancee is getting a visa soon, she has to leave her son for a couple of weeks or so and we will marry here in Norway.

One thing is sure - we will not make this paper before I am on it. Until then my son does not excist at all ..

With due respect to hyperdictionary, I have never heard 'oversexed' used in the sense of 'sexually appealing'. I think the definition by The American Heritage? Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition as reported by Google is more accurate:

Having or showing an excessive sexual appetite or interest in sexual matters

Yes I have to deal with similar hassles in Indonesia, my son had to take a flight to Singapore to apply for his visa at 1 month old. My daughter had a different problem, my wife waited a year to process the visa and was being quoted USD10,000 in fines. I took a hands off approach because I dont care if they deport us, and I know that when push comes to pull we have a lot more pull than some lowly immigration worker. They settled for USD2,000 and a wink at the airport. When my son was being finger-printed at police headquarters in Jakarta they decided it would go a lot faster if we just used my wifes pinky instead of trying to finger print an infant. Subsequently we have learned that our annual immigration fees would be significantly less if the children would have been classified as bastards on their birth certificates. No one thought it was funny when I suggested a marriage annulment in effort to minimize paper work.

This law has been around for years, I was in Laos in the Mid Eighties and it was present then.

It used to be that if a Laos women was caught with either a foreigner or someone other than her husband she was sent up country for six months. I'm not sure if that still applies

Up country it didn't matter as the headman assigned a women to stay with me in each village I stopped at. But in Vientianne you had to be very careful. There were after all only 36 westeners in the country at the time!

Archived