Message transfer...

bangkokbutcher

Says BelgianBoy:

BButcher !

Actually I looked today at the same thing..... I bought a new laptop today that will be delivered to me in a few days
:)

Congrats! :)

Now you don't have to visit a cinema when you want to watch a movie ;)

May I ask: Manufacturer, model, cpu, disk, ram, screen-size, other equipment? Do you have the new Centrino™-technology? WLan? DVD-RW? ...?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Peter1964:

Now you don't have to visit a cinema when you want to watch a movie
;)

May I ask: Manufacturer, model, cpu, disk, ram, screen-size, other equipment? Do you have the new Centrino™-technology? WLan? DVD-RW? ...?

Euhhhh ????? and in English please ????? hahahahaha

I'm not an expert, so I did ask an expert to help me, I bought a Toshiba 1950-801...... here are the details :

Processor type : Intel Pentium® 4 processor

speed : 2.80 GHz

2nd level cache : 512 KB

Systeemmemory standard : 512 MB max ext to : 1024 MB

technology : DDR RAM

Hard disc : 60 GB

DVD-Multi drive max peed : Read: 24x CD-ROM, 24x CD-R, 12x CD-RW, 8x DVD-ROM, 8x DVD-R, 8x DVD-RW, 2x DVD-RAM Write: 16x CD-R, 4x CD-RW, 2x DVD-R, 1x DVD-RW, 2x DVD-RAM

Diskette drive type : intern

screen : 16.0 " type : Super Fine screen TFT colour display

Graphic controller NVIDIA type : GeForce4™ 460Go

memory : 64 MB

memorytype : DDR Video RAM

graphic enhancer : 128 bit

Wireless tech : Fast InfraRed & Wireless LAN upgradeable

and some more stuff :) :)

Cheers !

Guys,

If you ever have the choice try using an IMAP account instead of POP3. Your mail and folders stay on the server and switching e-mail clients or computers is incredibly simple.

If you want to try it have a look at fastmail or myrealbox, Two providers that give you free IMAP and webmail.

I kept telling my brother to try it but he didn't and now he lost his entire mail archive due to a hard disk crash.

Regards,

Xenna

That's a good one! I have a Toshiba too (my 3 rd one now; a smaller one with a mobile processor, btw the two others crashed and became too old).

Enjoy! :)

SOONGMAK & Peter,

Thanks for the interest.........

Actually I bought my first Toshiba in 1998, a PII - 11" machine that I paid 2400 Euroo + VAT at that time, I was happy with it, but its too slow and too small memory now :) at the time that I bought it, it was top of the bill in tech and in price !!!

This one will hopefylly last me for 5-6 years :).... I'm paying 2315 Euro + VAT and need to pay in 60 days.....

Apparantly the first machine available in Belgium will be mine.......

BTW, you can take the keyboard out, its wireless :) :) :)

Cheers !

Says SOONGMAK:

Hi BB,

Open Outlook Express and rightclick on your Inbox. Then click "properties". What you will find under properties is the exact location of your Inbox. It is probably some incredible long path name that should end with something like Inbox.dbx. To make sure you won't forget the path name, copy and paste it into Notepad. Now open the explorer and try to find the map containing the Inbox. There you will find also your Outbox file etc. Burn them on a Cd and replace the inbox file (Inbox.dbx) on your new computer with the old messages. Should work fine now.

Cheers,

soongmak

P.s.: Let me know if it worked!

Cheers Soongmak :up:,

your method has proven to work fine for me.

Thanks for the tip. :bow:

Says Old Hippie:

Could you just email them to yourself, and open them in the new computer and save them? I have done this tranfering from one account to another...

Hi OH,

this idea would have been fine if I didnt have so many emails to transfer (approx 3000, seriously!).

So unfortunately I will have to take the longer trickier route to success ::.

thanks anyway...

Says Straycat:

I guess he could -- but it's really not recommendable if one has filed e-mails in several folders according to a certain system (biz here, wife here, thai girls here and so on
;)
). Also, resending e-mails to oneself will mess up "send from" headers and it can be difficult to find the e-mails you want to read again...but for small quantities of e-mails it sure is a swift way to transfer
:)

You have me sussed to a T, straycat :grinyes:

Archived