New aircrafts for TG

jp1

Thai Airways (TG) will purchase 17 aircrafts within the next 5 years. 7 used Boeing 747-400 will be purchased from United Airlines, 2 B747-400 will be ordered from Boeing Corp. In addition Thai intends to buy 5 new Airbus A340-600 and 3 new A340-500. The total value for all 17 aircrafts will be 1.5 billion Euro or 70.8 billion THB. After acquisition of all 17 jets Thai intends to raise the net revenue by 12.5% p.a. According to TG the Thai government has already approved the financial volume of this deal.

Thai Airways (TG) will purchase 17 aircrafts within the next 5 years. 7 used Boeing 747-400 will be purchased from United Airlines, 2 B747-400 will be ordered from Boeing Corp. In addition Thai intends to buy 5 new Airbus A340-600 and 3 new A340-500. The total value for all 17 aircrafts will be 1.5 billion Euro or 70.8 billion THB. After acquisition of all 17 jets Thai intends to raise the net revenue by 12.5% p.a. According to TG the Thai government has already approved the financial volume of this deal.

Bet UA are happy to get some cash...at last.

Not many airlines looking to expand thier fleets at this time.a bold move?

QF is looking to buy as well i cant think off hand of any others that have the cash or nerve to spend a dollar.

Hope TG can put bums on seats and recoupe the outlay...longterm.

Just as an aside i looked at flights for my Thai student living with us and wants to go back to bkk in December.

19/12 back 3/1/04

TG Full 19/20/21/22/23/...QF wide open for same dates...in the fare class i had better add.

Bet UA are happy to get some cash...at last.

this could well be.

Not many airlines looking to expand thier fleets at this time.a bold move?

Not a bold but an anti-cyclic move. If an airline has the cash that's just the time to buy. Second hand aircrafts are cheaper than in good times and aircraft manufacturing companies (Airbus/Boeing) offer generous discounts.

Says torneyboy:

Just as an aside i looked at flights for my Thai student living with us and wants to go back to bkk in December.

19/12 back 3/1/04

TG Full 19/20/21/22/23/...QF wide open for same dates...in the fare class i had better add.

Naaaahhhhh... its just that all seats are under options to operators.....

Happens each year, and each year I'm standy till half october when all those empty seats are freed :)

Bloody silly system IMO

Cheers !

Happens each year, and each year I'm standy till half october when all those empty seats are freed

Bloody silly system IMO

BBB,

that's correct, around beginning of November there will be a lot of seats available. :)

Says jp1:

Happens each year, and each year I'm standy till half october when all those empty seats are freed

Bloody silly system IMO

BBB,

that's correct, around beginning of November there will be a lot of seats available.
:)

Screw the agents again :neener:

No not this time..many students and general holiday travellers ..as is peak season they are full and about 40-50 AUD cheaper..also students get a better deal re baggage allowance etc.

But yes the P**** hold seats back that we cant see on the CRS.

Sometimes and this really gets up our noses the pax goes direct to XYZ airline and gets a seat that we have on wait list and deposited and that word pops up again we all hate (refund) :doah:

Hey BB

You are not in a frequent flyer programm??

earn points and fly free..and upgrades and lounge access etc

You apppear to travel a lot surely you can gain a benefit via a credit card..Amex?

Ok season can be a problem but if book in advance you can do alright may have to push the dates around a bit but free!

I cant help but think that TG is determined to have at least one model of every commerical aircraft in their fleet ::

To my knowledge (based on what I have been on) they have:

Boeing 747 - 300

747 - 400

777 - 200

777 - 300

737 - 200 / 300 /400 models

Airbus:

A300

A310

A330

McDonnell Douglas

MD11

Probably have a few more as well. My understanding of operating aircraft (which is not comprehensive) would lead me to assume, lots of aircraft models = lots of different sets of spare parts, aircraft fittings, seats, pieces of carpets etc etc, not to mention the damn engine parts....

So with this announcment, TG is getting even more aircraft which is great for the company that makes the storage shed's and racks but hardly in the best economic interests of the shareholders. SQ has a core fleet of just 747-400 / 777 200/300 and airbus A340. I guess something could be learned from that but hey ho, this is Thailand of course. If I am not mistaken, every successfull airline operates a minimal variation of aircraft as it keeps their costs so much lower. Sounds a bit like the desire to buy the Swiss tanks because they are cheap - never mind availability and cost of spare parts etc.

I as a user just want some decent seats and In flight entertainment !!!!

Cheers

Probably have a few more as well. My understanding of operating aircraft (which is not comprehensive) would lead me to assume, lots of aircraft models = lots of different sets of spare parts, aircraft fittings, seats, pieces of carpets etc etc, not to mention the damn engine parts....

That's correct, for each aircraft model they have to provide separate spare parts which indeed is very expensive. I'm not sure but believe that with the acquisition of the new A340 models they'll gradually phase out the 747/200 and 300 types.

As far as I know they still have B747-200's.

Archived