New aircrafts for TG

jp1

TB,

Sure, but had troubles in 2000/2001 so less travel and lost my gold status :( :(

Hence my separate thread that I need an additional 1165 miles to "regain' my gold status this year.

Gold with Royal Orchid from TG requires 50K in 1 year or 80K in 2 years...... 1 return BRU-BKK is 12K miles and I did only 3.5 trips last year :( and 3 this year, hence my shortage :)

Sofar I had golden cards with Swiss, Turkish, Sabena, BA & TG, I know all about the benefits :)

Cheers !

One doesn't need much of a brain to work that out! unfortunatly there is not much evidence of brain power at TG.

It (TG) is an opportunity to generate national revenue, going to waste, they have almost everything going for them, Hub Location, availabilty of great service minded staff, cost of labour, image etc.

But the management still can't get a reasonable act together. The planes are in the main are old, look a bit shabby, the inflight entertainment is a joke, food is generally crap. Ontime performance on a par with Brit Rail. with such a diversity of aircraft, return on capital employed in the buiness must be woeful. But like the Swiss tanks and Alpha planes, Many many snouts are up to their ears in the trough and thats good enough for the management.

This reminds me of when I moved to bangkok and was looking for an apartment. agent took me to one nice place and told me that the owner was there supervising the re-decorating. Got chatting with the Thai owner who spoke perfect English and in fact looked like the perfect English gentleman with cravat and shirt, clearly wealthy nd enjoying life, aged around 50 I would say. wanted to know what I did, who I worked for etc and he said Oh, you work with Khun XXX, he's an old friend of mine - we worked together at TG. Turns out when I spoke to Khun XX that the owner is the exec VP of Sales for TG. Kind a wierd I remarked that he was in his apartment during the working day supervising and I was told that no VP's actually do any work at TG - they just turn up for board meetings ::

Cheers

One of the problems that they have is that under the patronage culture they are obligated to hire people who have the connections. Therefore they end up with a lot of well connected "service staff" who have no idea of how to provide service because they have been at the receiving end all their life. The end result is that from a customers point of veiw they come across as lazy, snotty, arrogant bitches which in the main they are.

Archived